Author Topic: Strange thing happened at work today..  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Strange thing happened at work today..
« on: March 20, 2003, 02:12:27 AM »
It is funny I never mentioned this before there is a woman who works for the same company as me named Josette.  The first time I met her I of course smiled in my head.  Yesterday, I helped a woman named Magda, I am not kidding.  Today, I answer the phone and a man name Dan Curtis asked to speak to the manager.  Too werid, hug.  My co-workers just didn't get it when I started to laugh.  By the way the woman named Magda was very nice.  Dark Shadows follows us in small ways through our daily lives.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re:Strange thing happened at work today..
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 10:37:27 AM »
It is funny I never mentioned this before there is a woman who works for the same company as me named Josette.  The first time I met her I of course smiled in my head.  Yesterday, I helped a woman named Magda, I am not kidding.  Today, I answer the phone and a man name Dan Curtis asked to speak to the manager.  Too werid, hug.  My co-workers just didn't get it when I started to laugh.  By the way the woman named Magda was very nice.  Dark Shadows follows us in small ways through our daily lives.

OMG Birdie, what a coincidence!  It's funny you mentioned this because last year I was invited to a bridal shower and one of the future bridesmaids was named Josette.   Well the poor woman must have thought me crazy because I kept talking to her about her name and how I've never heard her name before except on my show DS!

Recently while I was reading the Star magazine I happen to come across one of those diet adds and the woman on the page was named Angelique!!  Then later that same night on I was reading up online about the terrible Rhode Island club fire and they were interviewing some of the family members of the victims. Well one of the band members girlfriends was talking about the tragedy and her name just happen to be Angelique!!  I thought whoa! Twice in one day!! :o

I wonder how Dan Curtis came up with these names?  They're both such pretty names are very different. You don't hear names like that too much.

One of my sister's girlfriends was also named Magda.(she claimed to be Rosie Perez's half sister)

You're right about that Birdie. DS does seem to follow us around in our daily lives. ;)

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 03:26:54 PM »
i took care of a patient the other day named Josette and i agree it is an unsual name.
i also wanted to take Angelique as a confirmation name but was told by the nuns
it wasn't a real name and that the show it came from was evil! i took it anyway and quess
it was my first break with the Catholic church!
i hate fear of something without a good reason!
my mother said take what you want and while she thought the show was stupid she laughed when they said it was evil!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 04:33:59 PM »
My daughter has a friend and her mother's name is Josette.  Her Grandmother had named her mother Josette because she had loved...you guessed it...Dark Shadows.  [ghosty]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 07:49:41 AM »
Jennifer wrote:
i also wanted to take Angelique as a confirmation name but was told by the nuns
it wasn't a real name and that the show it came from was evil!

OMG, how awful!!  Especially when the name Angelique comes from the word "Angel" and it's meaning is "Angelic" in the dictionary of name meanings.

i took it anyway

Good for you!! [thumb]

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2003, 09:45:27 PM »
Odd coincidences, indeed. I remember one day teasing a friend of mine named Angie by calling her "Angelique". She totally freaked and said "How did you know?!" Of course, I HADN'T known it was her given name, but I did then! I don't know why she hated it so, but being teased over DS might explain it....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2003, 01:52:50 AM »
Last year at school, I had an incident that reminded me of DS. We were watching a video on Australia, and for some reason at one train station they showed a callgirl. Not just any old callgirl, because this callgirl used to be a man. And her name was 'Josette.' I found it funny that a lady of the night would share a name with one of the purest characters on DS.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2003, 02:52:00 AM »
There was a French actress called Josette Day. She and Jean Marais were in what I consider to be the definitive version of Beauty and the Beast (directed by Jean Cocteau) in 1945 or 1946.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2003, 04:38:03 PM »
Hello, Birdie thats really neat i can't believe
it must have been an awsome day for you!!!
Wish you had spoken to The Q-man for
real ( Anne is still dreaming on and on)
              Love Anne   YUMMY!! ;D ;D ;D
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2003, 03:55:18 AM »
There is a woman at my work called Valerie Collins (1840)
LdyAnne  ;)

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2003, 03:08:09 PM »
Dark Shadows follows us in small ways through our daily lives.
A cute thought, Birdie, but in your case I think it's in more than small ways ... are you sure it isn't stalking you? 8)

I have to admit that I was startled to learn that the last name of my first new boss in 19 years is "Collins."   When I first met her a year ago to interview for the position, I felt good vibes, in part because of her last name.  Fortunately, her first name isn't DS-related, or I'd have acquired a reputation as the mad, laughing professor at the law school where I now work.

Ben

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2003, 02:29:30 AM »
Ben,
        My husband got a kick out of my telling him about the DS names following me, but he thought I was nuts posting it.  I am the "old one" at work and even though I like the kids I work with we don't have any pop culture in common.  I hate rap music and reality TV is never on when I am near the set.  They don't get my jokes or my sense of humor.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2003, 09:02:39 AM »
My mother is currently in a nursing home.  A couple of days ago they changed her room and she has a roommate named Annie Harris.  I was visiting on Saturday afternoon and her daughters were there.  Apparently there was some mail delivered to her by mistake, as I heard one of them say "Amanda Harris"!!  Well, I certainly perked up at that!

I couldn't decide whether to say anything or not, but finally asked if they ever watched DS and they said a long time ago.  So, I mentioned that there's a character named Amanda Harris!!

Josette

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2003, 06:35:02 PM »
I know this is a pretty late addition to this thread but, thought I would mention that I noticed another name that has a DS ring to it ~ Colin Quinn. 
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline JoeNathan

• A sedative? Why, yes, I'd LOVE a sedative!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2003, 07:46:48 PM »
Apparently the name "Aristede" has a French derivation also.  I was watching one of those true crime shows the other night and one of the three perps's first name was  Aristede"!   The location was in the Bayou or  Cajun countryside near New Orleans, Louisiana.

Here's the 'life imitates art' part:  Aristede and his two buddies knifed the victim to death!
Dark Shadows Rocks!