Author Topic: Dana Elcar--Sixth Sense (1972)  (Read 493 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Dana Elcar--Sixth Sense (1972)
« on: May 13, 2012, 06:46:41 AM »
Fans,

Dana Elcar, to me the most solid of all the actors who played Sheriff Patterson on DS, appears as a cigar smoking lawyer in this episode of the early 1970s ESP-themed series starring Gary Collins, "The Sixth Sense":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61aztzDf7A0

The episode is of note for DS fans as well, at least from this fan's perspective, thanks to Chloris Leachman's iconic performance as the troubled mother of the girl under psychic fire in this story.

Watching Leachman in this, I thought, not for the first time, how superb an asset she would have been to the DS cast. 

This episode is one of over twenty that a 21 year old fan of this series (which was running on the "Chiller" network for awhile) has uploaded to Youtube.  I was a very faithful viewer of "The Sixth Sense" during the original run.A number of the stories are reminiscent of both DS and the early Seventies "ABC Movie of the Week" stories with supernatural themes that always seemed as if they were made for the DS audience that had been cast adrift with the cancellation back in '71.

G.