Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0209  (Read 914 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0209
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0209
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
Suddenly Mrs. Johnson's an old family retainer.  She knows all the legends, and she knows where the bodies are buried.  Oh, well, maybe Bill Malloy liked to talk about the Collinses.

What a lovely relationship Jason and Willie have.  Neither trusts the other, and as Jason promised Willie that he'd keep faith with him, I didn't believe Jason either.  It made me like Jason all the more.

I'm sure that David told Willie the other day that the Collins ancestor who was given jewels by a pirate was Abigail, and now it's Naomi.  It's not the sort of blooper that David Henesy makes, but maybe it's the sort of error that David Collins makes.

I think that with this post I have commented on all 1225 episodes.  I wish this post were better, but I'm sort of tired today, and thinking about how to squeeze in the maximum possible sleep before going to a 11am showing of the Johnny Depp movie.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 06:52:19 PM »
The caretaker of the Stockbridges' cemetery is also the caretaker at Eagle Hill. One wonders how many cemetery jobs he needs to make a living!

Another fun scene with Willie and Mrs. J. I'm sure he didn't put those books back where he found them either!

Another idea for parallel 1795: Why not have the story of Abigail and the pirate!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:55:10 PM »
Jason tells Vicki that he plans on sticking around for a long while. He seems pretty confident that Elizabeth won't decide that the only way to get him to stop draining her of money without exposing her secret to the world would be to kill him.

And really, Jason should know he is going to end up having to arm-twist Elizabeth if he should suggest one day she should allow Willie to return to Collinwood, regardless of whether Willie decides to play nice or not, once Willie was away long enough for to the storm to calm down in Collinwood and Collinsport. But I suppose Jason has no reason to believe that Elizabeth won't do otherwise. Unlike Lydia, Jason's conniving doesn't make me like him...it makes me hate him even more.

I too enjoyed the scene between Willie and Mrs. Johnson. I agree that he most likely didn't put the books back...why should he when the family has a maid to to it? Very likely Mrs. Johnson grumbled about having to do it later on, knowing her.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »
Unfortunately, after the next episode, Mrs. Johnson will be taking a very long break.  I'm surprised Burke didn't have her spy on this new cousin in town!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »
I think that with this post I have commented on all 1225 episodes. 

That deserves a party or a big heavy award or something.

Vicki is either very tan or heavily made up.   Okay, now Willie says it was Naomi and the pirate.  He might have misheard David.

Is it possible Eagle Hill is where the Stockbridge crypt was, and that this caretaker is the same one?   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 12:37:03 AM »
Congratulations, Lydia! Somehow I missed that before.

I sort of like the idea of the caretaker commuting between cemeteries in an ancient Model T--or maybe even a horse-drawn cart or something.  [ghost_grin]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 02:45:45 AM »
The cemeteries could be adjacent to one another.  The Roman Catholics did not mix.  Eagles Hill is five miles north with the rest of the Collins buried in the Collins cemetery. Never go there at night.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 03:09:33 AM »
I had thought that the cemetery with the Stockbridges and Eagle Hill were stated as being in very different places, each a different direction and number of miles from Collinsport.   This time, I'm not sure.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Watching Project

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »
The Robservations caps for this ep have been posted.  [ghost_smiley]