Author Topic: OT>TV Land Awards  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
OT>TV Land Awards
« on: March 17, 2003, 12:13:06 AM »
Just watching "TV Land Awards".
Nice to see alot of familiar faces.
Someone had recently (in another thread) said something about Halle Berrie being....full of herself..again on the awards...."Did you see that I WON an Oscar last year?" Oh shut up.

Loved seeing Barbara Eden; Mira Sorvino's announcement of Star Trek seemed quite genuine (is she Paul Sorvino's daughter?), lol at Vicki Lawrence's slant on 'reality TV'.

It's on again tonight (Sun) at 10pm in case you missed it.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Re:OT>TV Land Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 01:50:34 AM »
I loved the TV Land Awards. I don't really like current television at all, I prefer 50s - 80s shows. I think John Ritter is a great actor and host so I enjoyed his hosting skilled on it.

Too bad they cut out a lot of awards due to time constraints. I was looking forward to the soapiest soap award, because I believe Linda Evans accepted the award for Dynasty. However, that award was cut out it seems. I would've also liked DS to be nominated for something.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2003, 02:10:52 AM »
(is she Paul Sorvino's daughter

Yes, she is.

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2003, 03:38:02 AM »
Dear Patti,

That was yours truly, Bob the Bartender, who commented on Halle Berry's shameless "kvelling" during her introduction of the wonderful and lovely Diahnn Carroll.  (The award wasn't about you, Ms. Berry, it was intended to honor Ms. Carroll.)

Did you notice that Academy Award winner Kathy Bates and Academy Award winner Mira Sorvino were so low-keyed in their gracious introductions for, respectively, Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers of "All in the Family," and William Shatner and the cast of "Star Trek"? (No crowing from either Ms. Bates or Ms. Sorvino about their own Academy Awards.)

Similarly, Emmy Award winner Ted Danson was also very gracious and understated in his introduction of Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore and company, of "The Dick Van Dyke Show."  Ms. Bates, Ms. Sorvino and Mr. Danson quickly stepped aside as all of the actors to be honored came up on the stage.  (No ego at all, from these three extremely talented actors.)

Unfortunately, Ms. Berry stood right up there with Ms. Carroll, soaking up the applause and admiration intended only for this greatly respected, groundbreaking television actress.

You know, Dark Shadows' only actor to appear on the awards program was the venerable Conrad Bain (the beloved Mr. Wells, night manager/desk clerk of the Collinsport Inn).  Mr. Bain presented an award with his co-stars from "Different Stokes," Todd Bridges and Mr. Gary Coleman.  The three actors did a bit where they faked throwing three cream pies at one another.  I tell you, I almost wished one of those men had tossed a pie at Ms. Halle Berry, to get her off the stage during Diahnn Carroll's moment of honor!

Bob the Bartender, aspiring grumpy old man.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2003, 08:07:01 AM »
Dear Patti,

That was yours truly, Bob the Bartender, who commented on Halle Berry's shameless "kvelling" during her introduction of the wonderful and lovely Diahnn Carroll.  (The award wasn't about you, Ms. Berry, it was intended to honor Ms. Carroll.)

Did you notice that Academy Award winner Kathy Bates and Academy Award winner Mira Sorvino were so low-keyed in their gracious introductions for, respectively, Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers of "All in the Family," and William Shatner and the cast of "Star Trek"? (No crowing from either Ms. Bates or Ms. Sorvino about their own Academy Awards.)

Similarly, Emmy Award winner Ted Danson was also very gracious and understated in his introduction of Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore and company, of "The Dick Van Dyke Show."  Ms. Bates, Ms. Sorvino and Mr. Danson quickly stepped aside as all of the actors to be honored came up on the stage.  (No ego at all, from these three extremely talented actors.)

Unfortunately, Ms. Berry stood right up there with Ms. Carroll, soaking up the applause and admiration intended only for this greatly respected, groundbreaking television actress.

You know, Dark Shadows' only actor to appear on the awards program was the venerable Conrad Bain (the beloved Mr. Wells, night manager/desk clerk of the Collinsport Inn).  Mr. Bain presented an award with his co-stars from "Different Stokes," Todd Bridges and Mr. Gary Coleman.  The three actors did a bit where they faked throwing three cream pies at one another.  I tell you, I almost wished one of those men had tossed a pie at Ms. Halle Berry, to get her off the stage during Diahnn Carroll's moment of honor!

Bob the Bartender, aspiring grumpy old man.

Oh my, I missed the awards ceremony, although I am not sorry I missed Ms. Berry's rude behavior, I suppose someone failed to mention to her the evenings festivities were not about her.  ::)

Sarah.
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2003, 08:44:38 PM »
its on again tonite(monday)at 11pm.
BTW: ABCs' 50th anniversary special was TAPED this weekend in hollywood. someone mentioned in a previous posting that DS is to be represented in this upcoming program.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 03:50:46 AM »
Dear Patti,

That was yours truly, Bob the Bartender, who commented on Halle Berry's shameless "kvelling"

bob...when I was preggers with my SECOND child, my jewish in-laws sent me a card w/picture of preggo, which stated:

Thou swell,

we kvell

I NEVER heard the word other than that.

Where are you from honey??

Patti the unpregnant, yet STILL SWOLLEN woman.

What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2003, 04:47:52 AM »
which stated:

Thou swell,

we kvell

Oy, that's so cute.  ;)

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2003, 05:00:13 AM »
Oh my, I missed the awards ceremony, although I am not sorry I missed Ms. Berry's rude behavior, I suppose someone failed to mention to her the evenings festivities were not about her.  ::)

Better she should be hogging a stage than behind the wheel of a car, if you ask me...