Author Topic: DS mention on "Angel"  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
DS mention on "Angel"
« on: March 13, 2003, 07:39:59 PM »
Angel and BtVS fans are accustomed to the infusion of pop culture references, but DS fans got a special treat on last nite's Angel.  In referring to the apocalyptic rain of fire and blotting out of the sun meant to plunge the Earth into eternal darkness and brought about by a pact between a demon (The Beast) and Angelus (vampire Angel) [are you still with me? ;)], Gunn fretted that the latter would be "pulling a Dark Shadows again".

OT - Willow is L.A. bound, yay!!!

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:DS mention on "Angel"
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 09:29:52 PM »
Yes, I caught that!  I didn't totally get what Gunn was trying to say with the comment, but I was more than happy to hear DS mentioned!!   :)

Joe  (sorry haven't posted much lately... been busy busy busy)

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 09:32:02 PM »
Forgot to mention:  my dream movie would be a collaboration between Dan Curtis and Joss Whedon, entitled:

Buffy vs. Barnabas!!!!
 :)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 09:40:13 PM »
Oh what a hoot.....!  The Gang walks in on Giles deep in conversation with a man he introduces as his "Cousin from England".   [blackbat]

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2003, 09:43:19 PM »
I love it, Rainey!! I can actually picture that scene clear as day!  LOVE IT!!   ;D

Joe

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 01:46:05 AM »
thanks for catching that midnite.  i personally liked the ballet on the scaffolding.  it was wild.

ooo willow would give angelique a run for her money i think. 

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2003, 04:05:53 AM »
ooo willow would give angelique a run for her money i think.

That's what I think.  Black-Eyed Willow would give Angeliuqe a disinterested glance, murmur, "Bored now," and zap her into another hell dimension.

But think of the horrors they could conceive if they just worked together ...

Nicky
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

Offline Minja

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2003, 05:02:50 AM »

Ahhh, my fave topic o'discussion.....DS/Buffy/Angel connections!

I finally watched Angel today, taped it cuz I worked last night!  And, I heard the DS words uttered and got all excited!  And to see Willow will be on next week....whoo weeee, big fun for all!  At least SHE knows how to handle Angelus!

Willow and Angelique have more in common than being witches....they both had werewolf love interests too!

Gotta love Faith being back with the gang too!  You know I love it....check out my avatar!

Sorta of a DS-ish reference was made about Faith a couple of seasons back on Buffy.  Willow asked Buffy how she explained Faith to Riley and Buffy referred to her as her "wacky cousin from England that when she visits hijinx ensue!"  I know it probably was in reference to the Watcher's Council, but the famous Barnabas line always comes to mind when I hear it!

As far as DS/Buffy crossovers go, I know I've mentioned it a couple of times before, actor Pierrino Mascarino played Adlar the Leviathan on DS and Thelonius the monk on a first season ep. of Buffy.

I still wish Willow would get all dark eyed once more and say BORED NOW and make Andrew dissappear...not like Warren so much, as like Glory when she teleported her up into the sky and back down to the ground like a meteorite.  Now THAT  was fun Willow hijinx!

Always, Minja [vryevl][/color]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"