Author Topic: Episode #451 blooper restored  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Bill Malloys Ghost

• View Profile
Episode #451 blooper restored
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:10:27 PM »
I've read that episode #451 has been restored with all bloopers intact and included in the complete DS boxed set. Does anyone know if it is also available in the repackaged DS collection 6 set?

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Episode #451 blooper restored
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:17:46 AM »
Is that the Bathia Mapes episode?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 04:30:19 PM »
Yep. That's the one.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 06:40:27 AM »
I've been trying to find that out myself. If it isn't, MPI should fire somebody.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:56:53 AM »
Agreed! I'm surprised that no one seems to know anything about this. The only thing that makes me think the restored ep actually is also on Collection 6 is that it immediately sold out on Amazon & has been on a 6 to 10 day back-order evere since!
I'd love to purchase the complete series boxed set, but I just spent the last couple of years buying all of the separate collections  [ghost_sad] and I haven't quite managed to rationalize shelling out another four to five hundred bucks. Then, again....

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 03:46:35 PM »
I really wish ALL the cuts from those first 7 or 8 volumes had been restored.  I don't think MPI wants to pay for that, though.

G.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 04:32:31 PM »
I didn't mind the removal of that blooper as it was from a voice off stage.  Makes that scene better to me.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 01:20:56 AM »
"I really wish ALL the cuts from those first 7 or 8 volumes had been restored.  I don't think MPI wants to pay for that, though."

Hmmm... I have wondered about that. I remember reading that when MPI mastered the DVDs they supposedly _had_ restored those cuts. Obviously not. It's always so jarring when they occur and I always wonder how much was excised.

Guess I should point out that I'm a first time viewer having only made it to episode #839 so far.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 02:01:13 AM »
That's very good, Bill Malloy's Ghost!  Did you start with the introduction of Barnabas, or episode 1?

Welcome to our funhouse!

G. (a viewer since June 1968)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 02:52:38 AM »
Thanks. Oh, I started with episode 1.  During the original run I was unable to watch DS and later on I always managed to miss out on the syndicated reruns. When they came to VHS I was ready to dive in until I heard the set just dove in head first with Barnabas' introduction completely ignoring all the storylines & character development that came before. So I cooled my heels until MPI finally released the first episodes on DVD. I'm glad I waited. I fell in love with the show from the opening shot. Watching DS evolve from its modest Gothic beginnings into the wild, weird, and wonderful show it was to became has been a tremendous amount of fun. I'm on track to finish off the remaining episodes in the next few months. The hardest part of being a DS newbie is avoiding the avalanche of spoilers lurking in every article, interview, book, and post so I've learned to scan carefully before diving in.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 04:04:08 AM »
Glad to hear you have been enjoying it! 

Several of us here have a special enjoyment and appreciation of the "pre-Barnabas" period.  It's frustrating to see the hoary old chestnut repeated in some of the recent press around the movie implying that the series was tanking in the ratings until they unveiled Barnabas.  Some of us think that in some ways the series reached its artistic height with the original 1966-67 Laura Collins storyline.  (And then, there are the devotees, respectively, of the "bleeder valve" storyline, and ... indubitably ... THE PEN!)

Welcome again,

G.