Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0196  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0196
« on: April 24, 2012, 06:51:20 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0196
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 06:55:18 AM »
Funny how Elizabeth just can't handle Jason.  She acts all imperious with him, but he keeps trumping her.  Given that whatever scandal Jason's holding over her head is 18 years old, and that I don't really think Bill Malloy's ghost was bringing food to a madman in the basement during Elizabeth's absence at the hospital, I'd say it's looking like a very cold case.  Could she get away with saying, "I know nothing about it"?

Meanwhile we've got the unending conversation between her and Vicky: "Vicky, please don't say a word!"  "But Mrs. Stoddard, I don't understand!  What am I not saying a word about?"  "Vicky, please don't say a word!"  And around and around.

Carolyn's had enough of the mature façade she's been maintaining for a few weeks, and she's all ready to throw herself at Jason McGuire just the way she threw herself at Burke Devlin.  If Joe could see her now, he'd be thanking his lucky stars that he broke up with her.  But he's probably doing that anyway.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 07:40:57 AM »
I suppose Liz was able to be cooler and more in control with Burke because it wasn't her secret, she didn't know it, and she didn't feel vulnerable.  If she, say, disoriented Jason and took wind out of his sails by entertaining him and serving tea, say, it might help, but this issue is her one vulnerable spot.   Anxiety goes up, using brainpower that might otherwise be put into crafting devious counter-tactics.

How can someone be SO comfortable in a place where he's definitely not wanted?   Jason manages it.   First unappearance of a new regular character, on the other end of a non-existant phone call made by Jason, involving no actual actor.   When the actor does appear, it won't be the one we know and love.   It'll take awhile, but good our old [spoiler]Willie Loomis[/spoiler] will arrive... bit by bit!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 08:33:47 AM »
I have got to get back into the posting. I am missing all the fun.  PS...I got your letter Magnus. I will write you a PM.

I miss the WP so much. I have to get caught up starting with Laura.

Hugs to you guys!

Tae
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
Magnus, what's bugging me is that Elizabeth has had eighteen years to think this problem through.  And yet she still can't deal with Jason.  Why isn't he president of GM or something?

Taeylor, do come back, at whichever episode grabs your fancy.  You've got nearly the whole run of Dark Shadows to choose from!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:28 AM »
I have got to get back into the posting. I am missing all the fun.

Definitely!  There's also a thread I started, asking a bunch of Laura questions.   I've wished you could be back here...

Lydia-- She probably accepted the deal as it stood, and over the years it would seem more and more "obvious" that JM wasn't going to make trouble.  Why wait years and years to come back?   Also, I'm not sure there's any solution that wouldn't involve more mouths to keep silent. 
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MysticScribe

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »
Magnus, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of that character you mentioned.  More specifically, that particular actor.
"I think I'll just go into Collinsport and get drunk." ~ Tim Shaw

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »
Jason is such a snake, but watching him is so much fun!

Elizabeth tries to warn Carolyn not to believe everything she may see and hear. Of course, this warning goes right over Carolyn's head. But Vicki is a bit more astute and asks Elizabeth if there's any way she can help. Poor Elizabeth makes a very touching plea to Vicki, asking if she can count on Vicki's loyalty. Of course Vicki agrees.

I had always thought that as Mistress of Collinwood, Elizabeth could face down an invasion of dragons, but Jason just has a stranglehold on her. It's actually painful to see. Great acting by all!

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »
Best line:
Roger says he's continually barging into rooms.
Jason replies: Yes, there's nothing quite like the challenge of a closed door.

Another: "Collect his gear?" wonders Roger aloud. "What is he, a transmission expert?"

Heh, heh...
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »
Yeah, loved ’em both!  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 12:23:38 AM »
Funny how Elizabeth just can't handle Jason.  She acts all imperious with him, but he keeps trumping her.  Given that whatever scandal Jason's holding over her head is 18 years old, and that I don't really think Bill Malloy's ghost was bringing food to a madman in the basement during Elizabeth's absence at the hospital, I'd say it's looking like a very cold case.  Could she get away with saying, "I know nothing about it"?

She’s frightened. She doesn’t want anything to damage the Collins name. She doesn’t want Carolyn to be hurt. But if I were Liz, yeah, I’d call Jason’s bluff and throw him out on his ear. It's kinda difficult to watch her with Jason, because you can tell she wants to choke him, but she keeps taking it from him.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
Elizabeth's bucking under Jason [spoiler] will only get worse as the story goes along. She practically gives into him for every demand he makes of her after putting up a fuss and him threatening her. [/spoiler] Perhaps she shouldn't have been so surprised to see him....what she should have been surprised is that it took him so long to have returned. You can swat a fly so many times without killing it and it might buzz away for a bit, but eventually it will fly back into your face.

Carolyn did seem very charmed by Jason but we'll see how long that lasts....

Watching Project

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 09:11:15 PM »
The Robservations caps for this ep have been posted.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 06:26:24 PM »
Jason considers they are allies, not enemies.  Elizabeth doesn't have any friends. Only employees and of all those she feels she can only trust the orphaned governess, though I think Vickie has proved her loyalty to the family.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 05:50:59 AM »
WOW the WP has a lot people in it now.  Which ep did the last watching project start with?  I would assume Barnabas?  Does that mean we are starting over when we get there?
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/