Author Topic: Fan Favorites (from actual fans)  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
Fan Favorites (from actual fans)
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:43:01 AM »
So I was in Target yesterday, and I squee'ed a bit when I saw the new Fan Favorites DVD from MPI.  Because I already own all the episodes, I resisted purchasing it (my fiance helped with this resistance a bit as well).  I was, however, disappointed by what TPTB have deemed "among the most popular in the history of DARK SHADOWS".  According to whom?

Which begs the questions:  fans out there ... if you were compiling this DVD, what episodes would YOU choose to serve as "an ideal introduction to new vewers as well as an enticing overview for veteran DARK SHADOWS devotees"?
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Favorites (from actual fans)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 08:47:50 AM »
"an enticing overview for veteran DARK SHADOWS devotees"?  Sorry, no dice.  I don't want an overview.  I want to dive right into Dark Shadows and immerse myself.

And for an introduction to new viewers, I just go for the DVD set that starts with episode 210.  It's got the overview of the previous episodes so the newbie won't feel lost, and it's got Jason and Barnabas - two excellent villains.  I figure if a new viewer doesn't like that, he'll never like Dark Shadows.

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:26:19 PM »
Lots of scenes to choose from here but if I can only pick one, I would go with the scenes with Alexis and Angelique in the crypt. Lara is at her best.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:55:38 AM »
My favorite scene has always been Judith reading Grandmamamama's will to her stunned siblings, Edward, Quentin and Carl.  Perfectly written, brilliantly acted and magnificently directed.

Gerard

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 03:24:07 AM »
I've been pondering this a lot ... well, okay, not really, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in.  If I were compiling this list, I'd include these milestone-y episodes:

126.  Matthew vs. all the ghosts.

155.  Elizabeth tells Laura to skedaddle.  She doesn't.  Fighting fire with fire ensues.

248.  Barnabas locks Maggie in a coffin (not for the faint of heart).

405.  THE CURSE!

569.  Tom and Julia get frisky.

748.  Magda gives Quentin a dose of (well-deserved) curse.

955.  Angelique powers up and takes out her frustrations on Quentin and Maggie.

1012. In the murky and disturbing world of Parallel time, Quentin welcomes Barnabas to Collinwood.

1150.  Au revoir, Roxanne.

1202.  Bramwell and Catherine discover the wonders of pre-marital pelvicness. 

I thought I'd try to include representative episodes from the majority of time periods ... I honestly can't believe that the curse episode wasn't included on either of MPI's latest collections, but what can you do.
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 12:18:48 AM »
I would include my personal favorites (some of which may not be too popular with other viewers, others rightly highly acclaimed....sheesh, I sound like a critic! LOL). [spoiler]

1. Angelique the vamp putting the bite on Barnabas.

2. Judith reading Grandmama Edith's will to her disbelieving brothers.

3. Vicki going to the gallows.

4. The ghost of Quentin gloating over the foyer of Collinwood after driving the family out of the house as his music plays throughout the house.

5. Quentin and Desmond in 1840 being led to the scaffold to be beheaded.

6. Barnabas bricking up Reverend Trask.

7. The ghost of Trask bricking up Barnabas.

8. Judith and Tim Shaw bricking up Gregory Trask in Quentin's room.

9. Elizabeth announces her engagement to Jason McGuire much to the dismay of Roger, Vicki and Carolyn.

10. The seance to contact Sarah Collins which sends Vicki back to 1795. [/spoiler]

These are just my personal favs.