Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0195  (Read 767 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0195
« on: April 21, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0195
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »
Oh, gosh, what fun Jason is!  I thoroughly enjoyed the long dialogue between him and Maggie.  And then Vicky came in and decided Jason was asking too many questions.  Well, of course he was, but does it ever occur to her that she asks too many questions, too?  "Mrs. Stoddard, I don't understand.  Why don't you want me ever to mention your clandestine midnight visit to the basement ever again, especially out in the open like this?"  Vicky should stop being offended by Jason's many questions and start studying his technique.

And now the viewers think Jason's going to be the principal villain for the next 13 weeks.  And I'm sure they're right.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
Vicki unleashes her second "I don't understand" at Liz, in the basement, unless I'm miscounting.

Jason McGuire is the glorious weasel who has the gall and confidence to walk into a situation where others have power, and grab it for himself, armed just with his own glib tongue and his wits.  If this were (classic) Doctor Who, he'd be the weaselly but wily human who sells Earth out to invading aliens, for a piece of the action.   I enjoy that kind of character.   I think I even have a bit of reluctant admiration.

Carolyn to said weasel:  "I really must insist on knowing who you are."   This line makes Carolyn seem so much more adult and grounded than she used to be, and the line is delivered so that it sounds easy and natural coming off her tongue.  It occurred to me to wonder, though, if any character in 2012 would ever say such a thing.   If not, is it because people aren't quite as adult anymore?

Apparently Malcolm Marmorstein would keep mailing in long, interesting speeches for Dennis Patrick, and DP would love them, but he felt a bit like a workhorse, learning and delivering them each day....

Lydia-- Yes, Vicki should learn Jason's technique.   When he's sticking his Bob Hope nose in where it doesn't belong, you're not even sure you're being interrogated... yet he finds out every last thing he wants to know.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 10:43:19 PM »
What fun to watch Jason insinuate himself into Collinwood! He's always been one of my favorite characters. He even left the coffee shop owing Maggie for the two cups of coffee, as well as the $100 he lost on a bet with her.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 06:30:33 PM »
He's definately slick!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Watching Project

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »
The Robservations caps for this ep have been posted.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 05:49:02 AM »
Vickie grills  mrs. Stood dared about the basement again and is asked to forget again. Will she? Vickie is suddenly curious at the diner when Jason brings up Paul Stoddard. So apparently she has not forgotten that there may be a connection with Paul and her missing background. Elizabeth loses her smile when she sees Jason.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
David is off on the promised fishing trip with Burke!

Love the very end of this episode! Just as Jason walks easily right past Carolyn and into the foyer, the camera pulls back just enough to let us see a corner of an ornate picture or mirror frame.  [ghost_cheesy] Then poor Elizabeth's double-take is priceless!