Author Topic: PM probs  (Read 745 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
PM probs
« on: April 07, 2012, 02:21:40 AM »
Moderatti-- How do I send PMs now?  Every time, whether I do it from My Messages or the person's profile, MSN quits, or there's a "run time error".   If it's my computer, paying for a fix for just this one problem isn't feasable.   I just quit FB, so I don't want to lose this as a way of getting hold of some people.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: PM probs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 03:30:15 PM »
Patti just PMed me, and said to PM her-- when I got to the posting screen, same thing happened, "runtime error", then the window closed.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 04:26:01 PM »
I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back top you on this. I saw your post just before I went to be on the 6th (well, really the early morning of the 7th) and then yesterday I had so many things to do that it completely slipped my mind.  [easter_embarassed]

But anyway, I checked the forum's error log and there isn't anything listed so far as any problems with PMs is concerned or even anything for you, so whatever is happening wouldn't seem to be a system error - it seems to be a browser error.

When you get the error, does the screen simply say just "runtime error" or is there more to it? If there is more, could you copy it down and post it here because honestly I'm not quite sure what's happening with your browser.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 06:38:19 AM »
Thanks MB, here it is:

Runtime error!

PROGRAM: C:\PROGRAMFILES\INTERNETEXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE

R6025
- pure virtual function call

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »
I did some research into that error, and as expected it's a problem within IE itself. Is there any way you can upgrade to a different version of IE? Or perhaps use a different browser entirely?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
I've hesitated for a long time to go from IE6 to IE8 because I couldn't confirm that the "accessibility options" would be as good, in other words that I could blow up print as well, and keep the color arrangement with white-on-black letters.   I won't just assume IE8 is better in every way, including this one, because "upgraded" sites seem to make things harder on people with eye problems, and I'm suspicious of "upgrades".

The "different browser" thing's always confused me.   I have interference with my concentration.   I'd have the same concern about how print and the page would look I guess.   I think I tried dowloading this massive amount of "stuff" for some other browser years ago, then couldn't find things to click on to use it successfully.  All that is still taking up space on my computer.