Author Topic: Actor's Names  (Read 704 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Actor's Names
« on: April 03, 2012, 04:14:38 PM »
Oh Dearest MB....on the 'sides' of any of the Boards (Main, testing, etc), there are pics of DS actors.
Some are from the 'original', some the '90 series, some (I imagine)  from the WB '04 and some from the not yet released J.D. movie.
Is there any way that you could put their names when you hold your mouse (or with tablets, etc) your finger on the pic, so it could display the actors name?
I know this sounds like A L O T of work...but, hey, you know, in your spare time  [easter_grin].
I'm going to hide now...
Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Actor's Names
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:29:17 PM »
I'm going to hide now...

As well you should!  [easter_grin]

But seriously, the system creates all the pages on the forum as people access them - none of them are actually written out beforehand and always in existence like a lot of other Web sites' content is. So, for the actors' names to show up when a cursor is placed over an avatar, it would require that every avatar be searched for to see if it might be one in which an actor appears, and then the actors' names would have to be added to the code for the page for each avatar that qualifies. That's certainly not impossible to do - but it would slow down the display of every page of every topic. And that probably wouldn't be a good thing, as interesting as having the actors' names display might be.  [easter_wink]

Sorry.  [easter_sad]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Actor's Names
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:28:29 PM »
Thank you for explaining it to me (yeah, sure, I understand....  [easter_huh] ).
Always, you're the best :)
Patti
What a Woman!