Author Topic: Be still my heart.......  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Be still my heart.......
« on: March 03, 2003, 03:44:04 PM »
....Barnabas actually said Willie Loomis' name.  Did everyone hear it?  "When the house was rennovated in 1967 Willie moved this desk to the drawing room."   Sigh.

What the hell was a desk doing in a "cell" in the first place?  Was there a demented author in the family we never heard about?

And what happened to Barnabas' ability to de-materialize?  What....does it come and go like a skin rash?  Or the Bat thing....I'm sure a bat with a human mind could figure out how to grab the bar, fold it's wings and slip on out of there!!  But NOOOOOOOO.....we've gotta do everything the HARD way!!   ::)

raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re:Be still my heart.......
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 04:18:48 PM »
Rainey,
                I was thinking the same thing as you.  Hell, I wish i could find a desk like that in a cellar.  I think the Barnster is still having the affects of the mark Petofi put on his palm.

Home sick today.  On my way to visit the DR.  I hate to call in sick.  Curses......I am not a good patient.  Was in NYC yesterday, feeling lousy but hated to be a party poop with my mom and sisters.  Now I pay.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 04:19:20 PM »
Petofi shook or grabbed his hand and put a spell on him that took that ability away from him.  It sticks as long as he can see Count Petofi's finger marks on his hand.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 04:43:05 PM »
Thank you both for clearing that up for me.  Obviously I'm not paying nearly enough attention to keep it all straight.  I should probably stop reading/talking on the phone/ sharing breakfast with the dog/ while I'm watching.  ::)

raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2003, 06:36:22 PM »
The problem I have with the business of Petofi's mark is that Edward wouldn't know about it.  He saw Barnabas disappear in front of him in the police station, and Trask has told him he saw Barnabas vanish in front of his eyes, so Edward should be thinking that the jail cell wouldn't be sufficient to keep him there til the sunrise.

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 09:08:40 PM »
The problem I have with the business of Petofi's mark is that Edward wouldn't know about it.  He saw Barnabas disappear in front of him in the police station, and Trask has told him he saw Barnabas vanish in front of his eyes, so Edward should be thinking that the jail cell wouldn't be sufficient to keep him there til the sunrise.

I wondered that myself when viewing todays eps. But as we know from past storylines, plots, etc.....continuity has not always been one the writers strong points. I'm sure having multiple writers alternating throughout the course of the series attributes greatly to this dilemma
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 10:56:44 PM »
[size=8]BIRDIE[/size]

[size=8]Feel Better[/size]

[size=8]Patti[/size]
What a Woman!