Author Topic: Checking New Messages  (Read 824 times)

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Checking New Messages
« on: March 01, 2003, 06:39:35 PM »
If this was addressed elsewhere, I haven't seen it--for the very reason I'm asking the question: will we be getting back the feature for checking new messages? I found it most handy and the least time-consuming. It's the best way to get through the most messages on the board without having to plough through each "new" topic on the list.

--Mark

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Checking New Messages
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 07:34:19 PM »
Actually, Ringo asked about this in his "Gotta risk my Karma...." thread. The answer is that I haven't found a mod for that feature in YaBB SE. However, the ever astute Dom pointed out something none of us had realized - if you click on the "new" icon at the end of the titles of each topic, you'll be taken to the most recently made post in that topic that you haven't read yet. ;)

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 08:03:24 PM »
Actually, Ringo asked about this in his "Gotta risk my Karma...." thread. The answer is that I haven't found a mod for that feature in YaBB SE. However, the ever astute Dom pointed out something none of us had realized - if you click on the "new" icon at the end of the titles of each topic, you'll be taken to the most recently made post in that topic that you haven't read yet.

Well, that's certainly good for a pound of cure, but I've already smote you with a positive for the day. Can't hit you again till later. ;)

--Mark

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 04:33:19 AM »
[
Well, that's certainly good for a pound of cure, but I've already smote you with a positive for the day. Can't hit you again till later. ;)

--Mark

but its still not a 'cure' for hair loss ;)

....again with the hair thing!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!