Author Topic: Nails on a blackboard  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:Nails on a blackboard
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2003, 04:43:19 PM »
I too saw the subject line and knew that it must be in regards to that shining light of the variety stage, Miss Amanda "QUUUWWWENNNTINNNNNN!!!" Harris.

Luciaphil's comment that CDT's portrait of Amanda-banna-danna must have been done for a tooth powder advert had my silently guffawing.  She calls them as she sees them.

I don't care what any of you say, I'll take Don Briscoe any day as Tim Shaw in those luscious Victorian threads (I know they owe more to flower power thrift store chic than to what a real gent would have worn ca. 1897, but wotthehell Archy).  There's actually a hysterical scene that I guess none of you will watch because you ff through Tim and CDT where the two of them are in the bar getting stoked and the way they play the scene, CDT clearly thinks Tim is coming onto him!  too funny!

Oh, yeah, and then there's that doe-eyed young man that CDT conjures up from beyond the rainbow, and Tim's reaction to him.

As for Amanda, weird to report it but I actually enjoy watching her scenes with Trask. They're a matched set--one operator going up against another.

And as for the plot lines--do they EVER make sense on Dark Shadows? this in particular was the period when a lot of people took a little pink pill half an hour before turning on the show.

Gothick

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2003, 12:01:53 AM »
There's actually a hysterical scene that I guess none of you will watch because you ff through Tim and CDT where the two of them are in the bar getting stoked and the way they play the scene, CDT clearly thinks Tim is coming onto him!  too funny!

Hmmmm...you've got MY attention! Exactly when will this scene be shown???? :)

Oh, yeah, and then there's that doe-eyed young man that CDT conjures up from beyond the rainbow, and Tim's reaction to him.

Ah, yes, Alexander Cort! (Any relation to Bud Cort?) He makes his debut on Friday and, if memory serves me correctly, he belongs in that select group of DS actors that includes Donnie Briscoe, Conard Fowkes, and Brian Sturdivant. ;)

Regards,

John

Connie

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2003, 07:26:00 AM »
Ah, yes, Alexander Cort! (Any relation to Bud Cort?) He makes his debut on Friday and, if memory serves me correctly, he belongs in that select group of DS actors that includes Donnie Briscoe, Conard Fowkes, and Brian Sturdivant. ;)

I think Bud Cort would have fit in quite nicely on DS.  ("I go to funerals.")  lol

Who is Brian Sturdivant?  Who did he play?

-CLC

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2003, 08:52:05 AM »
Gothick Wrote:
There's actually a hysterical scene that I guess none of you will watch because you ff through Tim and CDT where the two of them are in the bar getting stoked and the way they play the scene, CDT clearly thinks Tim is coming onto him!  too funny!

LOL Gothick!!  Glad you told me, now I'll have to be watching out for that scene.

And you're right about Amanda & Trask,  they do make a perfect couple! ;)

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2003, 09:45:59 AM »

Who is Brian Sturdivant?  Who did he play?

Brian played two characters:  a bellboy in a TIGHT uniform during a dream sequence in 1970, and Claude North during Parallel Time.

Regards,

John

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2003, 06:35:16 AM »
Gothick wrote:
Cassandra's
LOL Gothick!!  Glad you told me, now I'll have to be watching out for that scene.

Ooh, it's coming up on Monday, Cassandra.  They're drinking (actually, Tim delights in getting CDT drunk), but it takes place in Tim's room.  Tate's line is priceless!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2003, 11:37:39 PM »
Midnite Wrote:
Ooh, it's coming up on Monday, Cassandra.  They're drinking (actually, Tim delights in getting CDT drunk), but it takes place in Tim's room.  Tate's line is priceless!

Thanks for the heads up Midnite!!  [wave]

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2003, 04:03:27 AM »
Midnite Wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Midnite!!  [wave]

Cassandra[/font]

me too going to set my VCR[gring]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Connie

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2003, 06:36:59 AM »
Brian played two characters:  a bellboy in a TIGHT uniform during a dream sequence in 1970, and Claude North during Parallel Time.

Sorry if this is a boring, dumb question but who exactly was Claude North and what did he do?  I know I saw most of Parallel time a couple of years ago (or whenever it last aired), but I have no recollection of him at all.

SPOILER ----------------------

The only bellboy I can remember on the show was during Leviathan I think -- when Olivia Corey is with Mr. Best in that weird place and she and Quentin are supposed to find their way out.  I think there was a bellboy briefly.  Is that what you mean??

-CLC

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2003, 01:45:12 PM »
ROTF LMAO!

John (who can barely recall Amanda, thus making himself the envy of all the other posters  ;) )

Just in case you need to see more of Amanda (Donna McKechnie), MPI has a series of DVD's called Hullabaloo.  Donna McKechnie was one of the lead Hullabaloo dancer's during that TV shows short run I think from 1965/66.  She's featured on camera quite often. My brother thinks she is very, very fine! He thinks she mucho physically fit and very pretty.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2003, 02:39:05 PM »

Sorry if this is a boring, dumb question but who exactly was Claude North and what did he do?  I know I saw most of Parallel time a couple of years ago (or whenever it last aired), but I have no recollection of him at all.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

IIRC, Claude was PT Roxanne's boyfriend. Apparently, they found the mainstream a boring sort of route to go relationshipwise. I seem to remember Roxanne getting all dreamy about a knife and the good times she, Claude, and the knife had shared. Then there was the whole pseudo-necrophilia thing.

And people wonder why I hate Roxanne  8)

SPOILER ----------------------

The only bellboy I can remember on the show was during Leviathan I think -- when Olivia Corey is with Mr. Best in that weird place and she and Quentin are supposed to find their way out.  I think there was a bellboy briefly.  Is that what you mean??

Yep. Hotel to Hell there.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2003, 10:24:28 PM »

Check out the credits too (if SciFi lets you see them) cuz the reappearance of a familiar face inspires a blooper the first time the character's name is listed.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2003, 04:06:38 AM »

Check out the credits too (if SciFi lets you see them) cuz the reappearance of a familiar face inspires a blooper the first time the character's name is listed.
thanks Midnite! i'm watching that Batman/Robin
show! heehee they sure look different ;D

jennifer(always wanted to be CatWoman another not a [bow] woman!Julie Newmar that is!

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2003, 04:31:45 AM »
Just in case you need to see more of Amanda (Donna McKechnie), MPI has a series of DVD's called Hullabaloo.  Donna McKechnie was one of the lead Hullabaloo dancer's during that TV shows short run I think from 1965/66.  She's featured on camera quite often. My brother thinks she is very, very fine! He thinks she mucho physically fit and very pretty.

Sometime back, AMC ran reruns of Hullabaloo clips on Sat. nites.  One clip featured a performance by The Animals.  The set designer had set up a set that somewhat resembled a "den" of a big game hunter, with trophy plaques on the walls.  The Hullabaloo ladies stuck their heads through these faux plaques to make it look like they were "mounted" on these walls.  There was a brief close up of McKechnie in one of those shots, head through the plaque!  I LMAO thinking how Sheenasma, Luciaphil and all the rest of the " 'manda  haters" would love a scene like that on DS!

Always, Minja [lol2][/color]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

IluvBarnabas

Re: Nails on a blackboard
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 07:10:52 PM »
Amanda would have made a better love interest for Edward. I always wondered if Kitty really did care for Edward or just interested in money....they kind of kept us wondering about that.

I didn't mind Amanda as a character but I was upset when the writers decided to make her Quentin's new love interest at the expense of Beth, who stood by Quentin though hell and high water. >:(