Author Topic: SATAN IN HIGH HEELS  (Read 3574 times)

ClaudeNorth

SATAN IN HIGH HEELS
« on: February 28, 2003, 07:50:21 AM »
Greetings!

Well, I have been enjoying the DVD release of SATAN IN HIGH HEELS, featuring Grayson Hall in the role of Pepe, the Sapphic nightclub owner.  Grayson looks fabulous clad in simple yet chic slacks and blouses and gives a most enjoyable performance.  She even uses a cigarette holder when she smokes!

The DVD is loaded with extras, including several trailers and a few short subjects of questionable taste (nudie-cutie and exploitation).  They do serve as interesting cultural artifacts, however, in terms of standards of female attractiveness.  These films were made at a time when going to the gym every day was not de rigueur.

Still, for Graysonphiles, it's definitely worth a look.

Regards,

John

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Re:SATAN IN HIGH HEELS
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 05:35:41 PM »
Well, Again, I thought this thread would be about ME! ;)

She even uses a cigarette holder when she smokes!

Doesn't everyone??? 8)

[smokn][jester][just for old times sake :- ]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 12:02:14 AM »

Well, I dunno Ringo - "Satan in High Heels" used to be my nickname once upon a time, so I thought this thread was all MINE!!!   ::)

Anyway, I did want to ask ClaudeNorth (or anyone else who knows) if this movie is available anywhere on VHS; am itching to see it.  Unfortunately though, am one of those poor benighted souls who still doesn't have the latest digital techno thingie.   :P
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 12:25:05 AM »

ROFL  For some reason I missed that line the 1st time I read your message.  So glad Cassandra B brought it up, lol!

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 12:48:36 AM »
Anyway, I did want to ask ClaudeNorth (or anyone else who knows) if this movie is available anywhere on VHS; am itching to see it.  Unfortunately though, am one of those poor benighted souls who still doesn't have the latest digital techno thingie.   :P
Amazon has it on DVD but when I did a SEARCH, it came up in VHS at moviesunlimited.com  Hope this helps Cassandra B.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 01:38:05 AM »

Amazon has it on DVD but when I did a SEARCH, it came up in VHS at moviesunlimited.com  Hope this helps Cassandra B.

You can also find it at www.somethingweird.com

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2003, 06:01:39 PM »
Ironic Claude. .i was just showing the DVD to my friend last night (I have the DVD from Borders but no DVD player-- ???).  We skipped the crap and went straight to Grayson's scenes.. she does look very stylish and my goodness awfully thin.. . as i've said before, Calista-thin.  And this was what, a year and a half after having a baby! sheesh! My friend asked if she was on any dolls?  I blanched. . of course not! but hey those NY Theatre types ya never know .. . ::)
Julia99

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2003, 08:15:36 PM »
This isn't my favorite DS alumni movie, but it is certainly interesting from a social/moral perspective! And Grayson is always a professional, love her performance.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2003, 05:57:04 AM »
My friend asked if she was on any dolls?  I blanched. . of course not! but hey those NY Theatre types ya never know .. . ::)

As Helen Lawson would say, "Broadway doesn't go for booze and dope!"  ;)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 10:14:59 AM »
i believe that SATAN IN HIGH HEELS is on vhs from SOMETHING WIERD VIDEO and i think they also have THE MINX starring ROBERT RODAN.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2003, 06:12:37 AM »
i believe that SATAN IN HIGH HEELS is on vhs from SOMETHING WIERD VIDEO and i think they also have THE MINX starring ROBERT RODAN.

Indeed they do!

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2003, 04:06:45 PM »
Thanks, folks!   ;)
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2003, 05:26:05 PM »
Thanks for this thread, John.  As you know, Satan in High Heels is one of my top ten favorite films of all!  It just keeps getting better and better. Grayson's performance is such a hoot. I try not to think about how much she hated the director and what a trial the filming was.  Also she was not pleased when it debuted in Times Square a year and a half after the filming had been wrapped, when she was featured in her first big Broadway musical, Subways are for sleeping, with Carol Lawrence.

I was tickled when I visited Sam and he showed me this video, remarking that the movie was a riot although his wife had not cared for it.  You know in the late Sixties she was flatly denying that she ever appeared in the film!

Steve

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2003, 11:55:03 PM »
Bette Wrote:
You can also find it at www.somethingweird.com

I've yet to see this movie, but after reading so much about it here on this thread, I think Im going to have to rent it now.   The only other movie that I've seen Grayson in was "Night of the Iguana" and I enjoyed her in that one, thought she did a great job.  And with a title like this one, I've got to definetely see it! ;)

Cassandra

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2003, 04:14:50 AM »
Does she have a very big role in "Satan in High Heels" (i.e., supporting, or is it smaller)?

I still haven't seen "Qui etes-vous, Polly Magoo?", which I've been told is archived at a modern art museum right next door to where I live!  I was told I could request a private screening, but I've never looked into this further.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995