Author Topic: AOL and hellish time signing on  (Read 820 times)

Offline Afan

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
AOL and hellish time signing on
« on: February 27, 2003, 12:28:28 AM »
For the past week, I have signed on and put in my password over and over. I am taken to the Current Talk-Testing Screen, but when I click, I am taken back to the sign in screen.  I have been so frustrated I have enjoyed this Board for at least a year, and I NEEDED to be on.  I have Norton Anti Virus on my machine, and I use AOL (two pieces of hell!).  My husband does not run Norton, he uses something else and generously offerred his machine and I am on!  What I would like to know is where to get in touch with someone when we run into so much difficulty. I have e-mailed until my fingers fell off, and felt so left out!  What can we do when we run into this kind of trouble again?  If I had not remembered reading someone else's misery about Norton, I would still be trying to access the Forum. Thanks for all that you do, but please fix an emergency number or line for difficulties.  Thank you. Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:AOL and hellish time signing on
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 01:18:21 AM »
I can certainly understand your frustration, Afan. If I'd found myself in your predicaent, I probably would have been screaming at my computer screen. ;) But we already pay out of pocket for our domain name registration and Web space, so the additional expense of creating something like an 800 support number isn't really feasible.

I'm also sorry that you kept e-mailing and received no reply, but I can assure you that we simply never received your e-mails. What probably happened and what you probably hadn't even realized might have happened is that our e-mail addresses all changed slightly when the forum moved from the old host to this  interim one. We probably should have already made a specific announcement regarding that by now, and for that I apologize. But please try to understand that things have been so hectic here for the last month since the transfer and now the installation of the new forum system that it slipped our minds. (The addresses had, however, all been changed so far as the links to them on the forum is concerned.) But for future reference here are the e-mail addresses people can use to contact us for the foreseeable future:

Midnite <midnite@dsboards.com>

Mysterious Benefactor <mysteriousb@dsboards.com>

Dom <dom@dsboards.com>
  (This account is active, but Dom hasn't any way to access it yet.)

Webmaster <dsfwebmaster@dsboards.com>

Please note that all of the addresses between the <> contain lowercase letters. Everything about this new host is case-sensitive and e-mail addresses can only be in lowercase, so including any uppercase letters in the addresses will prevent your e-mails from being delivered to us.

And again, Afan, I'm sorry for an inconvenience our oversight might have caused you. :(

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 05:23:27 AM »
Thank you so much.  Please pass along the Norton information.  I again tried to sign on on my computer tonight after being successful on my husand's and ran into the same old problem.  I could not click on anything.  Thank you for the addresses.
Afan, who is calm now that I have my Board back!

Afan

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 10:15:37 PM »
Afan...it was ME who was having the SAME FIENDISH problem.

When I had other major problems on my new (not gonna be paid for another year 1/2) year old computer...Microsoft helped me.

We had to unistall Norton...I had asked if anyone knows if I can get a refund....I am not running a firewall (yeah, I know, but what good is it if you can't get anywhere).

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 05:54:02 AM »
Patti, thanks.  We are leaving AOL and Norton very soon.
Afan

Afan