Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0164  (Read 1108 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0164
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:06:23 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0164
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 03:35:28 AM »
Not a Sam fan. All his episodes seem to drag.  Burke reveals that Elizabeth saw Laura with him the day she became I'll and that Laura lied about it.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:07:58 AM »
My only jotted down observation was that the diner has Muzak now.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:46:28 AM »
the diner has Muzak now.
I found the music very distracting, because I kept trying to figure out what tune was being played.  It sounded familiar, but people kept talking through it.  If only Burke had asked Vicky to dance with him!

I don't have much use for Vicky, but I like Alexandra Moltke.  She was good at being a damp dishrag during Vicky's confrontation with Laura at the cottage the other day, and I liked the sideways glance that she had Vicky give Burke before she actually looked at him.

It didn't take long for word to get out that Laura and Elizabeth saw each other on the day that Elizabeth fell ill.  If Laura was going to take such care to ensure that Elizabeth didn't tell anyone about that meeting, she should have plugged the other leak as well.  But maybe, in the intensity of the crisis, she simply forgot about Burke.

Not a Sam fan. All his episodes seem to drag.
I, on the other hand, am really growing to appreciate Sam with this round of watching.  He sings, he jokes, he has flights of fancy – I can see why Maggie cares about him despite the drinking.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 12:46:17 AM »
This is a particularly tedious episode for Sam. Too bad. But things improve a bit when he meets Dr. Guthrie. He didn't want to talk about the painting before, but now he can't stop.

Burke is all warm and fuzzy about Laura again. But by the end of the episode, Dr. Guthrie knows that Laura lied to him, and she and Elizabeth were alone in the cottage just before Elizabeth was taken ill.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »
I love it when Sam tells the person at the door ti go away and Guthrie enters and says "Did you say come in?"

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 06:04:16 PM »
I thought David Ford looked good in this episode. Seemed to me like he lost a little weight.

I like Sam!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
I thought David Ford looked good in this episode. Seemed to me like he lost a little weight.

I like Sam!

I think he lost some Christmas holidays weight gain.   He was more substantial than usual, early in January.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »
Reminds of the Kirk-watching that fans of the original Star Trek used to do. Shatner would always gain weight as the season's shooting progressed.  [snow_smiley]