Author Topic: It's time for DVD #4!  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
It's time for DVD #4!
« on: February 25, 2003, 03:37:05 AM »
For those of you who are also collecting the DS DVDs, I just got an e-mail from CDuniverse saying that my copy of #4 was shipped today.   I should have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week.  Yippee!  :D

Bette

Life works if you let it

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
Re:It's time for DVD #4!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 02:38:26 PM »
An email this AM said Amazon sent mine out today.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 11:15:01 PM »
  :D  Me too. Just heard from Amazon. Can't wait to get it. So far I've been very pleased with the DVD's. In fact I bought a DVD player for the express purpose of watching DS.
                                                    Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline boykading

• Junior Poster
  • Arggh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 12:12:07 AM »
Amazon is good, but I heartily recommend deepdiscountdvd.com.

I pre-ordered mine about 2 weeks ago with 2-day shipping (for only 4 bucks extra) and I got mine last Thursday!

But no extras that I noticed, I'm sad to say.

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 03:56:45 AM »
As with the other sets there are short interviews at the end of each disc

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2003, 04:50:04 AM »
Always hoping for an Easter Egg, but no such luck...

Regards,

John

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2003, 06:45:06 AM »
mine shipped on monday, february 24 from amazon.  but i choose the slow method to get free shipping.

so it's not here yet!!!!  dang, i hope it will be soon.  i'm crossing my fingers it will get here tomorrow in the mail.

lubs ya, victoriawinters

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2003, 06:41:26 PM »
Got my DVD set #4 yesterday - YAY!  ;D

This is the one that I used my $30 Amazon rebate on (for ordering at least $50 worth of stuff at Christmas - shopping is never a problem for me from their new Apparel section).  So, this was my $17.95 econo-set!

Thanks for the info on deepdiscount.dvd.com though boykading - I'll have to check them out for my next order.

Happy viewing everyone!  :D
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2003, 10:38:55 PM »
And ...further proof I am slightly nuts...I always order from MPI to get 'em a month early...I think they look great...1795 on DVd is just great to have

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2003, 12:23:57 AM »
My copy was shipped from Amazon yesterday evening...looking forward to recieving it! When I first started watching DS in spring 2002 it was around these episodes.

EDITED 02/28/03: I got my DVDs today from Amazon...it only took like two or three days! I'm very satisfied with the DVD so far, but I hate the menus. The text isn't as good as it was on the other ones. And they misnumbered #370 & #371. Werm.

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 06:20:07 AM »
Amazon is good, but I heartily recommend deepdiscountdvd.com.

I pre-ordered mine about 2 weeks ago with 2-day shipping (for only 4 bucks extra) and I got mine last Thursday!

But no extras that I noticed, I'm sad to say.

Your message was dated on the 25 th of February so I'm assuming when you said that you got them on Thursday that you meant the Thursday before, which means that deepdiscountdvd.com broke street date policy by sending those out to you that early.

Now, I know that MPI sent out copies of the DVD's early and they have the right to do so as the manufactorer, but retail establishments are suppose to agree not to ship material, even if they already have it in their warehouse, before the date that it is scheduled to be released.  That is called breaking street date and companies can find themselves in alot of hot water with distributors when they do that and if they do it often enough, the distributors will just stop letting them carry their product.   

Now, I ordered mine from Amazon again this time.  Despite having problems getting mine from them, with set 2 , I have had no further problems since then.  I pre-ordered back at Christmas, and had it sent 2 day business.  They sent it out on Monday evening the 24th and I somehow had it by Tuesday afternoon.  The first time, I might add, that I have gotten a set on the date it was released.   Sending it that way is acceptable because it will not reach the customer before the street date, but sending it out way ahead like deepdiscount did is not smart business.

BTW, there are the same extra's on this set that have been on the last 3.  At the end of each disc, there are interviews and this time some of them, like with Sam Hall don't look to be recycled interviews done to be used as a bonus at the end of the Collector Series videos.

Richard Holt

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2003, 06:38:36 AM »
I was looking at Amazon's website last night and saw that in less than a week, they have increased the price of the DVD sets from 44.99 to 53.99.  That is a major increase so soon after their release.  Now with the older one's a month or so later they would put them up to 50.99 but not this quick.  So far 5 and 6 are still listed at the 44.99 price.

Richard Holt

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2003, 10:05:51 PM »
Does Sam say anything we haven't already heard in the interviews?  I'd appreciate hearing about it if so.

I still do not have a DVD player, and the material given above about the chopping and changing of the price does not much endear me to the idea of buying the series all over again.

Gothick

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2003, 12:34:53 AM »
Does Sam say anything we haven't already heard in the interviews?  I'd appreciate hearing about it if so.

I haven't had a chance to listen to his interview yet, Steve. I will let you know if we learn anything new or if he has anything interesting to say, especially about our gal.  :D

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2003, 03:31:15 AM »
I was looking at Amazon's website last night and saw that in less than a week, they have increased the price of the DVD sets from 44.99 to 53.99. 

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com is still selling them for $43.19.  the $44.99 though Amazon is the pre-order price.  don't think they guarantee that they will keep it that way forever.

i'm sure either retailer at the discount level price is a better deal per picture-sound quality, price and storage space then the videos.