Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Two Questions
« on: February 23, 2003, 10:54:59 PM »
Having fun with the new board...thanks again.

Okay...I can't seem to get the date right in profile. I read help (it only mentions time, not date)...so I just emptied the slot. Earlier (yesterday?) I posted something about this, changed the date to 2/22, everything seems wrong). Any suggestions?

Next...on wonderul Robservations...it says "Now Illustrated".. where?

Will it be within each date, or a montage on top? (There's not one there now, right??)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Two Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 11:06:20 PM »
Patti....I think the "Now Illustrated" has been on the Robservations site for quite a while.  And I also think MB had to stop putting those illustrations in quite some time ago.

I'm not sure, but maybe it had something to do with saving bandwidth?....or perhaps he just couldn't keep up with it at some point?  In any case, it's not a new thing....but it sure would be nice if it came back  :D

raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 02:14:55 AM »
I can't seem to get the date right in profile. I read help (it only mentions time, not date)...so I just emptied the slot. Earlier (yesterday?) I posted something about this, changed the date to 2/22, everything seems wrong). Any suggestions?

You'll have to tell us what slot you're emptying because the date doesn't display in your profile.  The forum time is there, but that's only so you can use it to set your Time Offset.  The date referred to under the Time Format setting is the date on the forum pages; your display for today should say February 23, 2003 followed by the current time.  If you don't like this way of displaying the date you'll have to look through the codes in Time Format (follow the ? mark) to get it the way you prefer.

We saw your other post about dates but unfortunately you'll have to repeat the question because you seemed to be asking why all the topics had that day's date on them, which wasn't at all the case.

(There's not one there now, right??)

No, though Robin's summaries will be illustrated again when MB is able.

Thanks, raineypark! [insert thumbs up smiley here :)]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 02:50:51 AM »
Our gal pal Midnite wrote:

We saw your other post about dates but unfortunately you'll have to repeat the question because you seemed to be asking why all the topics had that day's date on them, which wasn't at all the case.

Actually, once I deleted the time slot entry, NOW when I'm back on, the dates are true.

(What I mean, for future reference, is I had put in 02/22/03...EVERY category/thread/reply had this same date .)

RAINEYPARK....YOU BETTER HAVE GOTTEN AN APPLAUD (I can't, I didn't realize you're only allowed 1 per 24 hours, but I'll try to remember for tomorrow...thanks again)!

Patti
What a Woman!