Author Topic: Anthony George 1962 t.v. guide cover  (Read 839 times)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
Anthony George 1962 t.v. guide cover
« on: February 16, 2002, 02:33:07 PM »
Originally posted by Bob on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 16, 2002 at 08:33:07:

Hi All,

I recently acquired this copy of t.v. guide and thought I would share it here. This particular issue features George on the cover with Sebastian Cabot, who along with Doug McClure, co-starred with George on the 1960-62 t.v. series 'Checkmate'.

Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Re: Anthony George 1962 t.v. guide cover
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 04:09:15 PM »
Originally posted by RingoCollins on February 16, 2002 at 10:09:15:

Wowie Zowie,

Nice piece, Bob-o, and looks like in great shape, too!! That's one that is not in my collection (yet)

Does the article mention any of the antics the folks got into around around 1795? I guess a guys memory gets a bit foggy after 165 years or so!

thanky for sharing.
Ringo

(Note to self: thou shalt not covet thy fellow posters TV Guides)
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
Re: Anthony George 1962 t.v. guide cover
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2002, 08:50:10 PM »
Originally posted by Bob on February 16, 2002 at 14:50:10:

Does the article mention any of the antics the folks got into around around 1795? I guess a guys memory gets a bit foggy after 165 years or so!

The tv guide is from 1962, so Mr. George had yet to live his Dark Shadows experience.:>) The article is about events leading up to Checkmate and what he has been doing since its cancelation. The article is candid, brutally candid at times. Here is an example. :>) Mr. George; "In those scenes where I was supposed to be outthinking the heavy, Sebby (Sebastian Cabot) and Doug (McClure) always seemed to get that knowing look on their faces that says, 'We've arrived at the same conclusion, but only way ahead of you. 'That made the boss of Checkmate Inc, me, look like an idiot."
Tony pushed his plate back and continued: "I just didn't understand what my function was. Cary Grant had been in psychoanalysis, so about a year ago I decided I'd try it."
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!