Author Topic: Extremely obscure John Karlen credit  (Read 1465 times)

David

Re: Extremely obscure John Karlen credit
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 09:32:43 PM »
I think the DS viewership jumped to 10 mil shortly after Barnabas arrived, which is still the first year. The ratings had begun to climb during the first Laura Collins story--but pre-Barnabas & pre-Laura, I believe DS was getting a 4.1, which is higher than Hidden Faces, though well below what it would soon get after it got scary.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
Actually, DS was already averaging 9 million viewers in its first 3 months. As I've said before, contrary to a lot of what's written, Barnabas' introduction didn't instantly cause a huge infusion of new viewers because during his first 5 months DS was still averaging 10 million viewers. Viewership didn't really begin to rise significantly until the 1795 storyline and the often maligned 1968 storyline. Though, of course, none of that is on topic for this topic.  [snow_wink]  But to sort of get back on topic -

I believe DS was getting a 4.1, which is higher than Hidden Faces

- yes, even at its lowest, DS definitely did better than HF.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 05:17:41 PM »
I remember as a kid thinking that a daytime show called "Hidden Faces" must be similar to my beloved "Dark Shadows" - so I started watching "Faces."  It was way above my head - sort of a crime drama/court room show, like "The Edge Of Night" meets "Perry Mason."  I remember watching Conard Fowkes and Tony LoBianco on HF (don't remember Linda Blair - could you imagine Linda as Amy Jennings on DS?! - she played "possessed" so well), but I realized, "Just because the title of the show sounds spooky - doesn't mean it will be a clone of Dark Shadows."

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 03:25:57 AM »
I watched it for a short while but found it hard to follow. Guess it was supposed to be film noir, a concept that I just didn't grasp at age 13.

The imdb plot summary is very brief and makes no mention of Linda. The cast listing says that she played Allyn Jaffe. Joseph Daly and Rita Gam played Senator Robert Jaffe and Mimi Jaffe, who were presumably her parents.

Not very many other credits listed for Daly, other than the intriguing Yum Yum Girls. Gam has tons of credits and was one of Grace Kelly's bridesmaids.
Fade Away and Radiate