Author Topic: Dark Shadows Captions, Episode 661: The 1796 Mini-Story  (Read 441 times)

Offline BurkeDevlin

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows Captions, Episode 661: The 1796 Mini-Story
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:31:39 PM »
http://graeme.t15.org/burkedevlin/1796/0661/

Something different this week, and feedback is requested.  Having reached the halfway point in the Burke Story, we're going to celebrate with a short hiatus, and do the 1796 Mini-Story (Episodes 661-666), one episode at a time.

This Week - Episode 661:  Barnabas tells Julia what happened in Episode 459 (of couse the Barnmeister isn't geeky enough to use actual episode numbers), thanks to a liberal helping of stock footage.  People who are very familiar with the series probably know what's going on here.  Vicki has disappeared into the past with Peter Bradford, and been executed for witchcraft.  Barnabas and Julia find her tombstone (in the cemetery, not a pizza), and Barnabas resolves to go after her and change time.

People very familiar with the series probably know the backstory here without any explanation.  People less familiar might need a little explanation (or a lot).  And there are several caption-specific jokes that even people who know the series won't understand (like why is Nathan an Ensign rather than a Lieutenant?) 

That's why I need Feedback.  I'll probably leave these 6 episodes up permanently, but they don't have an introduction page yet to explain what needs explaining.  I need to write one, so I need people to tell me what makes sense and what doesn't.  What needs more explanation? 

One other thing, I took the time to re-arrange these files so they read left to right, top to bottom.  Reading it this way looks wrong to me after all this time, but will probably look right to everyone else.