Author Topic: Grayson tattoo on forearm??? Episode 981 PT  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
Grayson tattoo on forearm??? Episode 981 PT
« on: February 22, 2012, 02:26:18 AM »
I haven't watched DS in a while so I thought I'd start again with episode 981 (the beginning of Parallel Time).
Anyway, while watching the episode, I noticed that Grayson had a reddish mark on her right forearm. They never showed it close up, but I kept catching fleeting glimpses of it. What is it? A tattoo? A birthmark? I'm thinking it might have been leftover from the Leviathan storyline, but I can't remember? Does anyone know?

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
Re: Grayson tattoo on forearm??? Episode 981 PT
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
well now I'm watching the next episode 192, and she has a bandage over it, so I'm guessing she burned herself.

Offline Nightfall59

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:01:55 PM »
I've never noticed the red mark, only the bandage. So I'm no help on this subject. These episodes do mark the only time Grayson appeared in short sleeves on Dark Shadows (except for "Night of Dark Shadows"). An interesting bit of trivia.
"Not without you. NEVER without you."
Barnabas to Julia, 1970

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 05:09:33 PM »
It might have just been her freckles.  She had them all over.  She usually covered them with makeup when on camera.

I try to wrap my mind around the concept of someone actually addressing The Divine One as "Freckles" but it brings my brain to a complete halt.  I don't think the response to such a mode of address would have been favorable.  At all.

G.

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:31:14 PM »
well now I'm watching the next episode 192, and she has a bandage over it, so I'm guessing she burned herself.
I meant episode 982-not 192.
Yes, Nightfall, you're right. I never noticed that she didn't wear short sleeves before until you pointed it out.
Too big a mark to be freckles.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 05:35:36 PM »
I shall now shamelessly drag us away from the subject of Grayson Hall's bandaged and befreckled forearms, and ask Ronny G:

What made you choose parallel time 1970?

Are you enjoying it?

Would you be interested in talking about it in the Watching Project?  Here's a link the topic for episode 981:
Discuss - Ep #0981

Back to the topic...if Hall had a red spot on her arm in 981 and a bandage on it in 982, maybe there was mishap just before the scene was filmed, and she bravely went on with the show.

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:36:18 AM »
I chose PT because I've only seen that storyline once about 10 years ago and I don't remember many details, but I've seen the first four years at least twice.
I started watching DS in the early 1980s when it was syndicated.
They started with the introduction of Barnabas and ended with the Leviathan storyline.
Then in the 1990s, the show started coming out on home video. My local video store carried most of the episodes, so I started watching it all over again with the beginning of Barnabas.
I think I finally watched PT in early 2000.
I never got the Sci-fi channel. I had a friend record the last episodes for me. I think it was 1840 with Bramwell and Catherine.
Then, when the show came out on DVD, i started watching the introduction of Barnabas again.

I think it would be fun to watch the same storyline with a group of people at the same time and discuss about it. I see members are currently watching the Laura storyline. I love that storyline, but I watched it not too long ago, and I don't feel like watching it again so soon, same with intro of Barnabas.

Thanks for the link to the discussions of PT episodes. I read a few so far, and it's cool to see that some people have noticed the same things I have. i don't know if I'll post there because it's from 2010 and I doubt anyone visits those pages much anymore. I'm glad you pointed them out to me, though. I had did a search for episode Discuss 981, but nothing showed up.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 05:25:39 PM »
Ronny G, I revisit the Watching Project topics regularly, partly because they're an easy way to find the Robservations topics.  One of the wonderful things about these forums (thank you, thank you, mods!) is that nothing ever gets deleted due to age.  Therefore you could, if you wanted, see if there's anybody around here who would like to go through the 1970 parallel time storyline with you, and add to the topics.  I know there are lots of people who love that storyline.  Try the link to the following topic:
Who else loves Parallel Time?
A lot of the people who posted there are no longer regular posters, but I'm sure they're not the only people who like PT1970.

I have suggested to MB that he put the Watching Project topics into an area by themselves, and he said he was planning to do it...someday.  And with all the wonderful things that he does, it would be sort of rude for me to say, "Why not now?"

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 09:02:44 PM »
Yes, it would be nice if the Watching Project had their own area because I noticed the posts/episodes are not in order. For example, after I read the post for episode 981, I had to search for episode 982. I think it was on another page. I guess when someone replies to a post, it gets moved to the top?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
Yes, it does get moved to the top, but you can click on Subject at the top of the topics to sort them.

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »
Thanks for the tip!