Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0149  (Read 931 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0149
« on: February 17, 2012, 09:09:02 PM »

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0149
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:17:20 PM »
If you've ever wondered what the completed painting of Laura and David in flames looked like in color and you've never visited The Dee Kearney Gallery Of Dark Shadows Pics, be sure to check out:

Page Twenty Three
(Scroll down to the last pic on the page.)

Actually, it's amazing that this Web site is even still accessible because so many DS sites from 2002 and before are no longer.  [snow_sad]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 02:16:39 AM »
Thanks for the link, MB. Wow, that looks even scarier in color!  [snow_shocked]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 12:07:35 AM »
How is Sam able to tie his tie with his hands bandaged?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 12:49:33 AM »
Carolyn and Vickie have their first talk in a long time. It made me realize that I missed that. Josette walks in David's room.  She has left the old house.  Vickie reveals she smelled Jasmine in David's room as she did at the Old House.  It is all about the painting this episode everyone wants to see it and Roger has e ough and flings it into the fire where it's screams ring out through the room.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 01:38:27 AM »
How is Sam able to tie his tie with his hands bandaged?

I thought maybe the only reason Sam's wearing a tie is that Maggie has to dress him...

Is that KLS as Josette?   If she could complete it, why have Sam do it in the first place?   So who screamed when the painting burned?   Avengers promo!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 06:09:49 PM »
I love the orange in the color original of the painting of Laura.  It makes a big difference, and it must have been frustrating to be able to show it only in black and white.

Carolyn and Vickie have their first talk in a long time.
Yes, and Vicky wasn't very nice to Carolyn, I thought.  Carolyn says she made a fool of herself by throwing herself at Burke, and Vicky says, "I wish you wouldn't do that," as she were Carolyn's mother - except Carolyn's mother is smarter than that, I think.  When somebody admits she made a fool of herself, it's mean to rub it in.  And next thing we know, we get Maggie being callous to her father.  "You can't allow yourself to talk or think that way," she says.  Surely Maggie could come up with a more constructive suggestion than, "Don't do that!"
Vickie reveals she smelled Jasmine in David's room as she did at the Old House.
I said the other day that we didn't start hearing about the scent of jasmine until the next storyline, but I see I was wrong.  It's very strange watching this storyline, because I don't remember Josette being anywhere near as big a part of it as she is.  Was I watching from another planet, or what?

Is that KLS as Josette?
That's who it looked like to me.
If she could complete it, why have Sam do it in the first place?
Maybe originally she couldn't paint the picture.  It might have something to do with her power becoming stronger as she uses it.
So who screamed when the painting burned?
I'm hoping to find out tomorrow, but I doubt we will.  I don't see how it could be either Laura or Josette.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »
I disagree that Vicki was being unkind to Carolyn, but even if she was...I can't help but think that Carolyn has earned it. She constantly threw herself at Burke, despite the warnings from her family that he was only using her to spite the rest of them, they told her he would break her heart sooner or later, not to mention she treated Joe like dirt. Carolyn refused to listen to ANY of them.

As I've said in the past I don't approve of Burke using her the way he did, but it's not like Carolyn didn't get any kind of fair warning from everybody.

And with all the hissy fits that Carolyn threw over Vicki and Burke being together, turning on Vicki the way she did, I can't say I would have blamed Vicki for rubbing a little salt in Carolyn's wounds. But I really don't see that as being the case here. I think she wants Carolyn to start exercising a little more common sense and start growing up.