Author Topic: The missing vampire  (Read 924 times)

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
The missing vampire
« on: February 14, 2003, 02:53:02 AM »
I guess the popularity of the Quentin character allowed the writers to give Jonathan Frid a much deserved break.  Of late he has been on the show a lot less frequently than before.  
S
 p
  o
   i
    l
     e
       r

and soon he will be locked in his coffin for almost a month.  (I read ahead in my book that KLS wrote).  I know it's been a long time but does anyone know if he appeared in plays while he had his breaks from the show.  Maybe he just took a well deserved break and didn't do anything.  

This is my first time viewing these episodes since they originally aired in 1969.  Barnabas was my favorite character then and he still is today.  I find the show a lot less interesting when he is not on.  IMO

Thanks,

Murph  

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: The missing vampire
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 05:34:37 AM »
Murph...IMHO soon you may find the show...uh, boring just AINT the word [puke]...but again, that's MHO.

If you really want spoilage above & beyond the books:

http://www.darkshadows.com/cgi-bin/eg.pl

this WONDERFUL links has helped my jones during various DS breaks (like for Nat'l Hangnail Day  ::)  )

Again though...start at the BEGINNING...

Patti

What a Woman!

Offline Anubis

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 08:12:18 AM »
I think this was taped when they were making the first Dark Shadows movie and that is why so many of the main characters disappear for a while.

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 08:56:53 AM »
No, the first movie filmed while the 1970 Parallel Time story taped, and it was specially constructed to contrive absences for all the actors appearing in the film.

AFAIK, Jonathan just took a month's leave during 1897 and had a vacation -- bear in mind at this point, he had worked on the show almost solidly since April 1967 without any major period of leave.
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline petofi

• Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 09:44:30 PM »
No, the first movie filmed while the 1970 Parallel Time story taped, and it was specially constructed to contrive absences for all the actors appearing in the film.

AFAIK, Jonathan just took a month's leave during 1897 and had a vacation -- bear in mind at this point, he had worked on the show almost solidly since April 1967 without any major period of leave.

JF's "vacation" included a short run of "Dial M for Murder" at a Little Theatre on the Square in Sullivan, Illinois.  He portrayed the villianous husband, Tony Wendice.  I believe this was the performance that "earned" him a star in the sidewalk next to the theatre.  At last look, the theatre is still in existence.

petofi