Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0143  (Read 954 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0143
« on: February 09, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0143
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 01:44:52 AM »
So what is Laura anyway? Is she a ghost, a phantom? She seems to be solid. How can there be two lockets? And how does this Phoenix creature have all of Laura’s memories? It makes me think of the Night Stalker episode where the guest creature could take on any human form.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 03:23:55 AM »
David Ford seems a bit heavier... from the holidays?   The second painting is an interesting variation on the same idea.   Now I want to see a whole exhibition by Sam, one or two dozen Phoenix paintings, even if it kills him...

When I was a kid, I hated that kind of patronizing on Sam's part-- the cider and cookies diversion.   Good for David, saying that it didn't answer his question... he caved very soon though.   Bet it was alcoholic cider!   Sam probably doesn't know there's any other kind.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:13:32 AM »
When I was a kid, I hated that kind of patronizing on Sam's part-- the cider and cookies diversion.   Good for David, saying that it didn't answer his question... he caved very soon though.   Bet it was alcoholic cider!   Sam probably doesn't know there's any other kind.

I wondered about it being hard cider too!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
David's visit to Sam is in the nature of the bread-and-butter letters my mom used to make me write to thank people for presents. In return for David's politeness (no doubt prompted by Vicki), Sam does David the courtesy of talking to him as man to man--at least until he sends the little guy to the kitchen for cider and cookies, and that's only because he (Sam) is frightened by what David has told him.

David must have liked the cider (whether hard or not) and cookies, because when Vicki sends him off to the kitchen for lunch, his appetite is quite spoiled.

And then we get the mysterious locket from Phoenix, Arizona....

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0143 (was Discuss - Ep #0142)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »
Vickie and mrs stood dared talk about her future Elizabeth is worried how Laura effects David. There is a new location shot of cars on the busy streets of Collinsporrt. Sam has painted another picture with a blank spot in the corner.  The locket that Laura was wearing is in the effects recover from the fire.  It appears that it is part of the illusion of the Laura in Collinsport.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 04:42:03 PM »
So what is Laura anyway? Is she a ghost, a phantom? She seems to be solid. How can there be two lockets?
I can't figure it out.  The duplicate locket is a stumper.   But whatever Laura is, I don't think she initiated it.  Initially she didn't seem to know why she was in Collinsport, and then things became clear to her.  She voluntarily told Vicky about the locket, and it seems plain to me that she had no idea that the locket story would come back to haunt her.

I'm even less convinced today than I was yesterday that Josette has anything to do with any of the pictures Sam has painted of Laura.  Josette would not want to scare anybody, even if it was for their own good.  She's a comfort ghost, not a warrior ghost.

When I was a kid, I hated that kind of patronizing on Sam's part-- the cider and cookies diversion.
Maybe it was patronizing, but it was kind of Sam not to go into his "I hate that painting" rant with David, so I was all for the cider and cookies diversion.

Elizabeth is worried how Laura effects David.
Good for Elizabeth, pointing out to Vicky that what matters is not how much Laura needs David, but rather how much David needs Laura.

The picture in David's room of the mother holding her child keeps catching my eye.  Previously it hung on the wall over his bureau, but yesterday when he was putting string on the picture of Laura so he could hang it, he had apparently taken the mother-and-child picture down, and it was on floor, leaning against the wall, and the picture of Laura was hung in its place.  Today, to my surprise, the mother and child picture was still on the floor rather than having mysteriously disappeared, and I expected Elizabeth to suggest putting it back over David's bureau, or at least to comment on it.  But it just was there on the floor, with nobody paying attention to its message: "This is what true maternal love is."