Author Topic: DS included in a new French coffee-table book on images of Vampires  (Read 596 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I was surprised this evening when browsing through a new French coffee-table book on images of Vampires across the centuries and countries to find a two page spread on Dark Shadows (there was no French translation of the title; it was given in English).  Apart from stating that the series only ran from 1968 to 1971 and that the Ross books stopped in '72 (my memory is that they ran a bit later than that), it was a fairly accurate and well written entry.  It included two Marilyn Ross book covers plus a full page image of Barnabas baring his fangs in 1967. 

I don't know whether the series was ever shown in France.  It was fascinating that so much space in the book was given to it.  This was mainly a picture book so two pages (which included perhaps a half page of text) was quite a bit.  Forever Knight and some other US shows of earlier periods did not seem to be mentioned, although True Blood and the Twitlight series got plenty of coverage.

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: DS included in a new French coffee-table book on images of Vampires
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:19:14 AM »
For anyone who reads French, the author's name is Jean Marigny (which sounds like a possible pseudonym; either that, or he comes from a very old family).

I looked at the book at work--I work for a large University library, and we collect extensively not only from Europe, but all around the world.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: DS included in a new French coffee-table book on images of Vampires
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »
that the Ross books stopped in '72 (my memory is that they ran a bit later than that)

I didn't remember exactly when they ended - but I dug mine out and the last one, Barnabas, Quentin and the Vampire Beauty, was published in March of '72.  [snow_smiley]