Author Topic: no fair!  MB WAS/IS RIGHT (HAIL MB)  (Read 950 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
no fair!  MB WAS/IS RIGHT (HAIL MB)
« on: February 08, 2003, 01:00:34 AM »
Okay boys & girls...spent ALL DAY on phone w/verizon (lol they are evil)...who then (cover your ears MB & Midnite) transfered me to Microsoft.
I do not repeat do not have it in me to tell you of my SIX HOURS ON THE PHONE (the Microsoft dude was helpful & nice)...
point is:
I couldn't access internet; I was online, but couldn't do/go anywhere (page cannot be displayed).

Okay...so finally the Microsoft dude has me UNINSTALL NORTON FIREWALL...all's well.

But, for all of us following the struggles of recent board...I CAN go forward/backwards/home, where ever I chose, whereas for last few weeks, if I clicked home or to another thread, I'd get error message & couldn't come back into DS board until I'd timed out.

Food for thought...

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: no fair!  MB WAS/IS RIGHT (HAIL MB)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 10:32:25 AM »
Perhaps you thought I just make explanations up? :D

But seriously, I can't take any credit in this case because it was MsCriseyde who came up with the solution. [thumb]

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:no fair!  MB WAS/IS RIGHT (HAIL MB)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 03:14:59 AM »
I had McAfee Firewall and when they changed my computer to ethernet, I couldn't access anything either. My brother had Norton and it about shut his whole system down. He didn't want to give me the evil thing, but he wasn't going to use it and I was desperate, works GREAT for me! Oh, and McAfee worked for him.

I have talked to someone else and it seems there is a BIG problem with Norton and Win XP.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:no fair!  MB WAS/IS RIGHT (HAIL MB)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 09:55:45 PM »
Has anyone ever tried to get a refund from Norton (or, on t his posting, will they):
track me down
kill me
sell my parts in Indochina for spares?

(I HATE SPENDING $50 FOR A NON-USABLE PART)..

Any suggestions?

Patti
What a Woman!