Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0130  (Read 1097 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0130
« on: January 22, 2012, 08:36:08 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0130
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 10:00:44 PM »
Nice creepy yet atmospheric moment, as Laura is revealed to be hanging around on the grounds of Collinwood, watching David on the swing.

First appearance of Liz's yellow Zippy dress?

[spoiler]So Laura's family "moved away"... is that just what Laura told the Collinses?  Did they ever exist?[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »
First appearance of Liz's yellow Zippy dress?

Do you mean the shapeless yellow caftan with the rolled collar? Maybe....

Watching Project

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »
Oops - I forgot to add the other day:

Remember:
Monday, January 23: No Episode, originally Monday, December 26, 1966 (preempted for football)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 05:26:13 PM »
You would think that Laura's return to Collinwood, she would have made herself up a little. Her hair is a wind-blown mess, her coat is hanging to one side. She looks awful.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 06:47:16 PM »
When Mrs. Johnson is trying to get David to go to bed, he tells her he doesn't like her cooking--not the last complaint about it either!

In her very best Glamorous Matriarch mode, Elizabeth invites Laura to sit by the fire. Laura admires the fire--um, the fireplace. Elizabeth replies graciously, "It's my favorite in the house. I keep it going almost constantly." I don't suppose they have many heat waves in Collinwood--and I suppose that now that they're without Matthew, Roger is stuck with the chore of getting firewood.

Meanwhile, David has a serious sleepwalking episode.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 12:30:19 AM »
Roger seemed very passive in his dealings with Laura--as if he was willing to go whichever way she did, but became hard and defensive with each statement of hers about moving on.  I have to wonder, if she had come and said she was still in love with him and wanted to try and rebuild a better life together, he probably would have agreed, at least at first.  In any case, if staying away meant she got a check every month, that sounds like a better deal than being a penniless single mother. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 09:49:36 PM »
Mrs J listens in on Roger calling Laura Murdock.  We learn that Laura's family moved away. Burke is shocked Laura is back. Davis swinging in a location scene as Laura in a studio scene watches him secretly. Laura is quite the mysterious one. There is a sense about her that she is not quite there and her phrasing is unusual.
Laura arrives at the house and Roger comes into the foyer to face her. She wants to see her son.  They go to talk to Elizabeth and Laura reveals she no longerd drinks. Laura only wants complete custody of David. Davis is meanwhile sleepwalking dreams of Laura. Is it not odd that after getting out of the insane asylum that Laura didn't come for her son?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 01:31:59 PM »
The shoveler statue on the table in the foyer was facing the other way today from the way it was facing the other day - towards the back instead of towards the front.  I think today's direction was the correct one, but I enjoy the thought of the crew members moving the table into position and nobody asking, "Which way?"

Was Laura like this when Roger married her?  Because she's awfully weird.  She's been in town for a couple of days now, but she didn't telephone before coming over to Collinwood and announcing that she wanted David.  And the way she watched David from the trees.  Did she know when she came to Collinsport that David was what she wanted, or did she just have this epiphany today?  She says she figured it out before she got to Collinsport, but I see no particular reason to believe that.

And does she ever go visit her own family - the Murdochs?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 05:59:49 PM »

Was Laura like this when Roger married her?  Because she's awfully weird.  She's been in town for a couple of days now, but she didn't telephone before coming over to Collinwood and announcing that she wanted David.  And the way she watched David from the trees.  Did she know when she came to Collinsport that David was what she wanted, or did she just have this epiphany today?  She says she figured it out before she got to Collinsport, but I see no particular reason to believe that.

And does she ever go visit her own family - the Murdochs?

Watching this story a second time, I liked the offhand remark from Roger that Laura would probably just turn up suddenly at Collinwood, because she always did have a habit of appearing at places unannounced.  Something like that.  [spoiler]Was Laura popping from one place to the next back then, as she does later in people's bedrooms?[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 12:06:24 PM »
Watching this story a second time, I liked the offhand remark from Roger that Laura would probably just turn up suddenly at Collinwood, because she always did have a habit of appearing at places unannounced.  Something like that.
Oh, that slipped right past me.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 02:15:16 AM »
Roger and Laura could chat as long as they liked in the foyer, without seeming rude to Liz, who was patiently standing just a few feet away in the Drawing Room facing the foyer, ready to receive Laura--  Why wasn't this rude behavior?   Because Liz was off-camera!

Laura sounds a bit odd and awkward when she says the word "love"...