Author Topic: Race With the Devil  (Read 557 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Race With the Devil
« on: January 21, 2012, 11:42:58 PM »
I just finished watching Race With the Devil on-line, a movie I haven't seen since I first saw it at an outdoor theater back in 1975, when it first came out.  It is now a cult-classic, being one of the "racing movies" that was popular back then, and the only one (that I know of) that mixed horror in with the genre.  It's about two couples who set out on a vacation in an RV and end up witnessing a human sacrifice by a satantic cult.  They keep trying to escape, but find that the cult is much larger and widespread than they thought.  I remember, with a bunch of us sitting in a car, gasping in terror at the final scene.

It stars our own Lara Parker, along with Peter Fonda, Warren Oates and Loretta Swit.  It's fun to see our own Lara battling witchcraft, rather than indulging in it.

If you would like to see it, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OeUzIF2cG4

Enjoy!

Gerard

David

Re: Race With the Devil
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 04:28:30 AM »
A really fun action/horror hybrid, and one of Lara's biggest film roles. The DVD of the film features a commentary track with her.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Race With the Devil
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:07:45 PM »
fonda also starred with alexandra moltke in the 1968 television film 'certain honorable men'.

i guess he had a thing for the DS actresses. [snow_wink]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.