Author Topic: That's Amore!  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: That's Amore!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2003, 08:05:51 PM »
Maybe that DS storyline could have been entitled "Angelique Bouchard and Her Two Husbands" or, possibly "Roger Collins and His Two Wives."  Then again, it might be called "Quentin Collins and His MANY Women."  Can you think of any other similar Dark Shadows storylines?

"Amanda Harris and Her Two Loves," which are, of course, Amanda Harris and Olivia Corey.

:D

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2003, 08:14:19 PM »

"Amanda Harris and Her Two Loves," which are, of course, Amanda Harris and Olivia Corey."

ROTFLMAOPFITC   [......pounding fists into the carpet] literally!!!  both pooches were staring at me, with that 45 degree cocked head look of confusion.   And I was already chuckling from the titles above!

best laugh of the week M'night!  [and we could use a larf today!]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2003, 08:45:11 PM »
 I've really enjoyed Joan Bennett's deployment of Judith Trask. . .I was just thinking the other day how i missed the sibling rivalry and barbs. . .i wanted a few and Judith does it so well.  So they tossed us the delicious scene of her telling Edward and Quentin. . .good fun.  BUT BUT I digress. . .As much as i've admired Judith --i think Joan should've played Judith a bit like Grayson does Julia. . you can see Julia is dying to have her clothes ripped off by Barnabas and so she'd certainly jump at any chance.. .that's the kind of tension that would make Judith and Trask break the laws of society and God by marrying what. . .a week after his wife's death?  But you see him being manipulative certainly but i didn't see repressed sexual need in either of them. . .I don't know if its because the direction of the storyline came as a shock (I can't imagine it seemed pretty clear very early on) or because the two actors were too shy to do it, given their age difference or something?  

Now, the wedding night, who wants to talk about that, **did they?** He made it pretty clear he expected her to be a "proper wife". . ..But the next morning, Judith doesn't seem all aglow, did he disappoint?
Julia99

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2003, 10:55:59 PM »
That's the worst problem (among many) with this whole plot twist.  The Judith who inherited the family fortune simply wouldn't have tolerated, much less encouraged, the attentions of the odious Trask.  She'd have told him to come round to the servent's entrance, not the front hall, thank you very much.

And if she HAD gone completely off the rails at the thought of a man-of-her-own after all these years, I have no doubt he would have proved so great a disappointment that afterward,  she would have beckoned him to see the view from the upstairs bedroom window.....and shoved him out!!

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2003, 02:39:02 AM »
 I've really enjoyed Joan Bennett's deployment of Judith Trask. . .I was just thinking the other day how i missed the sibling rivalry and barbs. . .i wanted a few and Judith does it so well.  So they tossed us the delicious scene of her telling Edward and Quentin. . .good fun.  BUT BUT I digress. . .As much as i've admired Judith --i think Joan should've played Judith a bit like Grayson does Julia. . you can see Julia is dying to have her clothes ripped off by Barnabas and so she'd certainly jump at any chance.. .that's the kind of tension that would make Judith and Trask break the laws of society and God by marrying what. . .a week after his wife's death?  But you see him being manipulative certainly but i didn't see repressed sexual need in either of them. . .I don't know if its because the direction of the storyline came as a shock (I can't imagine it seemed pretty clear very early on) or because the two actors were too shy to do it, given their age difference or something?  

I don't know about Jerry Lacy, but having seen Bennett in various film noirs going all out (her most tawdry role being Kitty in Scarlet Street) and being very convincing as such (one of my favorite lines of hers in Woman on the Beach goes something like, "A tramp? Of course, I'm a tramp! Didn't you know?" and then she tosses her head back and laughs cruelly or something), I doubt it had anything to do with her being shy.

I suspect one of two things: either she was encouraged to play the role sedately or she just didn't care enough to go the extra step.

Now, the wedding night, who wants to talk about that, **did they?** He made it pretty clear he expected her to be a "proper wife". . ..But the next morning, Judith doesn't seem all aglow, did he disappoint?[/b]

I would assume that they did and frankly, I would assume that she wanted to--that she is physically attracted to him does come across. But she's playing a 50ish spinster, who was most certainly a virgin. Somehow I don't see Gruesome Greg being tender and gentle for their wedding night and plus, she's got the guilt of having acted improperly, wife barely cold in her grave, etc.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2003, 06:39:27 PM »

"Amanda Harris and Her Two Loves," which are, of course, Amanda Harris and Olivia Corey.

i'm with Ringo ROTFL! he's right best laugh of the week!

jennifer
When is she back
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV