Author Topic: That's Amore!  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
That's Amore!
« on: January 28, 2003, 08:45:23 PM »
Hey gang,

Well, it didn't take long for Gregory and Judith to take the plunge, did it?  (I'd have thought that the reverend could have at least have waited until his first wife, Minerva, was settled in her grave for an entire month before tying the knot with Judith, IMHO.)

Nevertheless, the union of Gregory Trask and Judith Collins (a marriage truly made in Heaven!) is destined to join the pantheon of great romantic couples of history, timeless couples such as: Caesar and Cleopatra, Napoleon and Josephine, Liz and Dick, Joanie Cunningham and Chachi Arcola (and, possibly, even J.LO and Ben Affleck!).

Maybe the Romance Channel will produce a full-length movie on the blissful pairing of "Greg and Judy."  Possible titles mignt include "The Marriage of an Avaricious Vicar" or "The Taming of a Parsimonious Shrew."

Of course, the Rev. Trask must be delighted at his second chance for happiness (not to mention, a shot at Judith's hefty bank account) so late in life.  The reverend's "ninth inning" joie de vivre, is, perhaps, best expressed by one of the 20th century's greatest philosophers, Mr. Dino Crocetti, who observed:

"When you walk in a dream, but you know you're not    
 dreaming, signore.
 Scuse me, but you see, back in old Napoli,
 That's amore!"

Bob the Bartender, who asks the question if Judith Collins-Trask is the Martha Stewart (or more likely, the Leona Helmsley) of the 19th century?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: That's Amore!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 08:59:37 PM »
Leona Helmsley!!  THAT'S who she reminds me of!  The Queen of Mean!  

Not only is MINERVA not yet cold in the grave, poor Carl isn't even cool!  Let's dress up like a strawberry sundae!  Let's get married!  Let's toss every social constraint we've ever lived with and believed in to the four winds and dance naked in the fountain outside those stupid windows, while we're at it.

I said it before....Judith should have sailed for Europe before the last hymn was sung over Grandmamama, and found herself an Italian Count....now THAT'S AMORE!!

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 09:48:53 PM »
Leona Helmsley!!  THAT'S who she reminds me of!  The Queen of Mean!  

Not only is MINERVA not yet cold in the grave, poor Carl isn't even cool!  Let's dress up like a strawberry sundae!  Let's get married!  Let's toss every social constraint we've ever lived with and believed in to the four winds and dance naked in the fountain outside those stupid windows, while we're at it.

I said it before....Judith should have sailed for Europe before the last hymn was sung over Grandmamama, and found herself an Italian Count....now THAT'S AMORE!!

rainey

couldn't agree more!mean Gregory is so GROSS!talk about ICKY! or better yet try a young model like maybe
Tim Shaw he likes money and he is a LOT easier on the eyes!

jennifer
now TiM dancing naked around the fountain!YUMMY!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 10:08:55 PM »
now TiM dancing naked around the fountain!YUMMY!

Woo Hoo!

...as long as his he keeps his mouth shut (to speak, that is.) ;)

dom (heading for the fallout shelter, earplugs in. [evilg])

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2003, 11:23:39 PM »

She didn't wear black for too long after she inherited the loot from Grandmama either.

Can't say I'm surprised, really. Gregory's been setting this up for a long time.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2003, 02:17:25 AM »

She didn't wear black for too long after she inherited the loot from Grandmama either.

Can't say I'm surprised, really. Gregory's been setting this up for a long time.

A classic case of the heart over-ruling the head. It was obvious she knew it wasn't the proper thing to do. He practically browbeat her into it. I'd guess her caving in against her better judgement was mostly due to the thought of having someone to share all the burdens of the past weeks with. Poor Judith...:'(

Dom

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2003, 02:44:44 AM »
Nevertheless, the union of Gregory Trask and Judith Collins (a marriage truly made in Heaven!) is destined to join the pantheon of great romantic couples of history, timeless couples such as: Caesar and Cleopatra, Napoleon and Josephine, Liz and Dick, Joanie Cunningham and Chachi Arcola (and, possibly, even J.LO and Ben Affleck!).

Don't forget J.R. and Sue Ellen!

The So-Called- Rev of the Church of American Express should call Judith his 'Little ATM'!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2003, 03:59:18 AM »
Ringo,

Of course, we could also list as timeless couples: Sonny and Cher, Bill and Hillary, Nicholas Cage and Lisa Presley, Michael Jackson and Lisa Presley, Mary Matlin and James Carville, Connie Chung and Maury Povich, etc., etc.  The list goes on and on!

Raineypark,

Yes, Judith Collins-Trask, a woman of great personal warmth, graciousness and untold generosity.  (Judith is sort of like Dark Shadows' own version of Helen Hayes, Oprah Winfrey, and Mother Teresa, all rolled up into one!)

I believe that it was the irrepressible Ed Koch (a/k/a/ New York City's "Mayor for Life") who once offered another sobriquet for the so-called "Queen of Mean" that, may also apply to the new Mrs. Gregory Trask: "The Wicked Witch of the East."

By the way, I personally would like to see the bodacious Bathia Mapes cavorting in her birthday suit in that Collinwood fountain!

Bob the Bartender, president of the Lizzie Grubman fan club.

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2003, 04:19:58 AM »

Now there's a SYT   [puke] that could show Carolyn a thing or two about how to PARTEEEEEEEE!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2003, 08:07:46 AM »

Woo Hoo!

...as long as his he keeps his mouth shut (to speak, that is.) ;)

dom (heading for the fallout shelter, earplugs in. [evilg])

heehee Dom this is strictly for viewing pleasure speaking would ruin it!
jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2003, 08:15:20 AM »
Ringo,

Of course, we could also list as timeless couples: Sonny and Cher, Bill and Hillary, Nicholas Cage and Lisa Presley, Michael Jackson and Lisa Presley, Mary Matlin and James Carville, Connie Chung and Maury Povich, etc., etc.  The list goes on and  on

have to say i'm a big fan of the JamesC /Mary M union
kinda of like my husband and me in reverse(except i don't look like him thank God but i have been known to put a barrell over my head)

By the way, I personally would like to see the bodacious Bathia Mapes cavorting in her birthday suit in that Collinwood fountain!

what a party that would be Tim ,Judith and now Bathia! anyone else maybe aristede!

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2003, 01:00:04 PM »
Bob_The_Bartender Wrote:

Of course, we could also list as timeless couples: Sonny and Cher, Bill and Hillary, Nicholas Cage and Lisa Presley, Michael Jackson and Lisa Presley, Mary Matlin and James Carville, Connie Chung and Maury Povich, etc., etc.  The list goes on and on!

And don't forget Bill & (I did not have sex with THAT woman) Monica Lewinsky,   Tammy Faye & Jim Baker and of course Pamela Lee & Tommy Lee!

Poor Judith! She was such a strong character.  Did she really need attention that bad to wind up with a shmuck like Trask?!!  She chastized Carl for bringing home Pansy, yet she marries someone who makes Pansy look like a Saint!!  I only wish Carl was still alive to witness this!

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2003, 03:22:16 PM »
Oh, I am sure Carl amd Pansy ARE witnessing this, Cassandra, wherever they may be, and they are laughing their asses off over Judith's social faux pas.  Trask seems lofty and charming, but he's the devil in disguise.  Poor Judith!

Cassandra said:
Poor Judith! She was such a strong character.  Did she really need attention that bad to wind up with a shmuck like Trask?!!  She chastized Carl for bringing home Pansy, yet she marries someone who makes Pansy look like a Saint!!  I only wish Carl was still alive to witness this!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2003, 06:46:54 PM »
If Carl really HAS been reunited with his Pansy Faye, I'm sure he's much too...ahem...."busy".....to be paying any attention to his less-than-loving sister Judith's problems.

How come Collinwood never seems to be haunted by the sort of "happy" ghost Carl would have been?

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2003, 06:56:27 PM »
Yeah, you're right.  I wish that Dark Shadows could have had some happy ghost like there was in that Brazilian flick, "Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands."

Maybe that DS storyline could have been entitled "Angelique Bouchard and Her Two Husbands" or, possibly "Roger Collins and His Two Wives."  Then again, it might be called "Quentin Collins and His MANY Women."  Can you think of any other similar Dark Shadows storylines?