Author Topic: Hidden Treasures: Five Horror TV Shows You May Not Have Ever Heard Of  (Read 844 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanfully DS isn't on the list (because it's referenced as "one of the big ones" that people remember  [santa_thumb]). But for a change, Forever Knight and some other worthy shows are spotlighted.

Check out: Hidden Treasures: Five Horror TV Shows You May Not Have Ever Heard Of

Besides Forever Knight, I was definitely a fan of Friday the 13th: The Series.

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Hidden Treasures: Five Horror TV Shows You May Not Have Ever Heard Of
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »
I had bought a vampire show from Canada, and it was only two seasons.   Don't even remember the name -- I want to say Blood Ties.   It was a snoozer.   As a matter of fact, I switched jewel cases with another vampire with a concience Barnabas Collins is my hero show, Angel, because two of them were damaged.    

I also own Forever Night and I was impressed with the show.  This is also a Canadian show.   Very interesting and enjoyable.  Too bad it only lasted three seasons.    

My Horror TV Collection consists of Buffy, Angel, Dark Shadows, Forever Knight, Blood Ties and Night Gallery (only two season so far)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 06:54:27 AM »
Eerie, Indiana--great show.  I have it on DVD.  The others, not much to say about them.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 06:00:04 PM »
She-wolf and Forever Knight are both great shows, but I don't own She-wolf.  I did watch the DVDs via Netflix and that was enough.  I thought the LA episodes worked better than is usually claimed, but you do have to completely swtich circuits because the feel and flavor changes so drastically.  The London shows were more consistent and had a really great recurrent cast, notably the actress who played Ian's aunt--I think her name was Dorothea Philips.  There's also a hilarious episode where they spoof Star Trek and its conventions, "Beyond the Beyond."  This was later turned into a full-length novel by writer Lee Goldberg.

I remember seeing some fun episodes of Friday the 13th back when it was on in the early 1990s.  I haven't felt moved to check out the DVD release.

Of them all I would say Forever Knight is to me the most iconic, and that is mainly (for me) because of the brilliant central performances by lead actor Geraint Wyn Davies, Nigel Bennett (who also appeared on Psi Factor, a show that is worth checking out--some of the season 3 discs are available through Netflix), and Deborah Duchene.  The actress who played the doctor trying to cure Nick who fell in love with him a la Julia Hoffman was very good as well.  Unlike on DS, Nick did at least somewhat reciprocate the dr's feelings for him.  (Although as often discussed, one could argue that Barnabas did reciprocate Julia's feelings on some level--he just did a very poor job of expressing it--AND a tendency to rove after the latest Sweet Young Thing on the scene!)

G.