Author Topic: Humbert Allen Astredo  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Humbert Allen Astredo
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 04:02:41 AM »
Thanks all.  Glad to see alot of people are on the boat with me. 

Regarding his wardrobe, I liked his hat and also, his gloves too as Nicholas and his hats and frock suits at Evan!

And I have seen today that he likes to lounge around in a nice silk robe similar to Barnabas's......or is it Barnabas's?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 04:33:20 PM »
Nicholas's robe is gray silk, isn't it? If so, then I don't think it's Barnabas's--at least I don't remember him wearing a gray one.

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »
they both seem to be black/white/gray silk with paisley design.   

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »
He was definitely one of the few great things about the end of Leviathans (even if Nicholas' appearance in that storyline made practically no sense - but then, by that time there wasn't much sense in anything that was happening in Leviathans [santa_sad]).

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 12:48:19 AM »
Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing today MB when thinking about The Leviathans and this topic.  It was so fun to see him come back. They should have had him from the beginning of the storyline; however, it seems like a last ditch effort to try and get people to like the storyline.  I kind of get sad about The Leviathans because it could have had so much potential.

Luckily, SUPERNATURAL is doing a Leviathans storyline on the show and it's really really great.  :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 01:39:52 AM »
Really?   Leviathans on Supernatural?   That's interesting.  Unlike this post of mine... brain not in gear.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 07:14:39 AM »
One of the best parts about Nicholas' return would have to be his reunion with Angelique. You can see how much both Humbert and Lara are enjoying themselves. Angelique's line about how the mighty are fallen is a classic DS moment.

However, there really should have been at least one scene with Nicholas and Maggie. Since she was a Leviathan at the time, it really should have happened
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 12:17:24 AM »
But Maggie was [spoiler]never really a Leviathan, was she? The box had no effect on her, and she pretended to be one so she could get inside information and pass it along to Barnabas.[/spoiler]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 02:54:43 AM »
Absolutely true. All the more reason for some sort of Nicholas/Maggie confrontation  [8_2_81]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 03:23:25 PM »
Really?   Leviathans on Supernatural?   That's interesting.  Unlike this post of mine... brain not in gear.

Yes Magnus they are doing The Leviathans as the BIG BAD on Supernatural and they are THE OLD ONES but call themselves Leviathans.  Considering DS was the first show to name them I think there is a DS fan on SPN staff. :)

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 04:50:48 PM »
Angelique's line about how the mighty are fallen--"from tycoon to lackey"--was actually delivered to her husband, Sky Rumson.  But Lara herself must have thought the line too good to waste on such a non-entity as Sky, because she recalled saying it to Humbert as Nicholas in her short memoir "Out of Angelique's Shadow," and spoke of this as one of her favorite moments on the show.

Angelique did have a scene during the endgame phase of Leviathans in which--wearing perhaps the most jawdroppingly chic dress she EVER wore on the series--she mocked Nicholas and said something like, "Isn't it about time for you to be sent back to Hell?" all the time purring like the cat that copped the cream.

I seem to be the only fan on the planet who actually enjoys these episodes.  The standard critique is that the series was unwatchable at this point.  I love it all--Angelique and Nicholas playing cat and mouse with Jeb, Megan and her unfortunate "problem," Juiia's hair insanity, Quentin running around in that tight grey suit, etc.

Happy Holidaze!

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »
gothick if we're thinking about the same scene i recall nicholas actually complements mrs. rumson on her devastatingly chic black ensemble. didn't ang reply that it was he who should be "in mourning"?

in general angelique was never more stunning than the 1970 episodes. in previous storylines she was either garbed in period costume(1795, 1897)or some strange getup in the present(cassandra's greens or her sugar-plum-fairy-from-hell-hostess gowns during her stint as a vampire).

for the 1970 episodes...and in particular parallel-time...ang was exquisitely outfitted.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 03:05:14 AM »
michael, I realize this is off-topic but I actually love some of Cassandra's dresses.  They seemed to be inspired by the "trapeze" dresses made so popular in mid 1960s Carnaby Street.  There was also a sort of billowy blue morning robe that she wore for a special scene with Barnabas.  It looked really great on Parker.

That weird thing she was wearing when she first appeared, I did not really care for at all initially. Over time through repeated viewings of that episode, it's come to grow on me. Her wig in that scene is so heavily sprayed and lacquered and styled, it might have had its very own hole in the ozone layer hovering above it.

cheers, Gothick

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 05:36:18 AM »
it is getting a bit off-topic however...

i actually liked some of cassandra's frocks too. i'll never forget the image of mrs.roger collins entrance in a boxy mint green swing coat and gloves. and i certainly appreciate her glossy black joan collins hairdo during the period.

still i wouldn't exactly say lara parker looked gorgeous here. but during the 1970 episodes, again especially as the icy antiheroine of parallel-time, she was really something to see. stunning.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.