Author Topic: Casting a Curse to Spite Yourself  (Read 1309 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Casting a Curse to Spite Yourself
« on: January 20, 2003, 08:21:58 PM »
This is my second trip through 1897 and I still have to wonder what Magda was thinking when she popped that particular curse on the Q-man.  Oh, I know she had no idea about the "babies" (WHY doesn't ANYONE ever call them by name arghhhhh!!!) and what that consequence would be.  But, unless you were planning to get out of town fast, why oh why would you curse someone by having them turn into something potentially dangerous to the entire community - including yourself!

Is it me or do ya think Magda needs some remedial classes in curse/spell casting? [silly]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Casting a Curse to Spite Yourself
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 08:57:22 PM »
Is it me or do ya think Magda needs some remedial classes in curse/spell casting? [silly]

She certainly needs help in learning how to give somebody the evil eye . . .

"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 09:33:25 PM »
I think Magda was a bit crazy with grief and just wanted to curse Quentin the worst way she knew how. . . and the dreaded werewolf curse was it. . . I suspect she also thought he'd get hunted down pretty quick, discovered and killed. . .
Julia99

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 09:51:11 PM »
...I suspect she also thought he'd get hunted down pretty quick, discovered and killed. . .

Aha! I never thought of it quite that way before.  Makes sense. [thumb]

“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 09:52:35 PM »
I suspect she also thought he'd get hunted down pretty quick, discovered and killed

At which point the fans would have revolted, and the show would have been cancelled.  Good thing Magda was wrong ::)

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 11:54:31 PM »
So TRUE Raineypark! This was Quentin's hottest time on the show as I recall...AS IF he was ever anything BUT hot! [heh]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 01:29:12 AM »
unless you were planning to get out of town fast, why oh why would you curse someone by having them turn into something potentially dangerous to the entire community - including yourself!

Sandor asked her to leave, saying they were going to be in danger when the curse took effect, but she refused to leave because she said she had a way to protect both of them and wanted to stick around to watch Quentin destroy his own family one at a time.  Sounds a lot like Angelique's logic when she placed her curse, don't you think?... and we all know how that worked out for her.

Now would *I* rely on a little silver pentagram to keep me and my loved ones safe from a werewolf?  Hell no.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2003, 05:56:18 PM »
seems to me she was a lot like angelique
powerful enough do the curses but not powerful enough
to undo curses. they are a lot alike. very emotional
women who act bfore they totally think it through.
These women would never sleep on anything!
jennifer
rainey on Oz they used an inmate to curse another with the evil eye and he caused a death . he was laterkilled
and had his eye plucked out! icky!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2003, 06:37:48 PM »
rainey on Oz they used an inmate to curse another with the evil eye and he caused a death . he was laterkilled
and had his eye plucked out! icky!

Hmmmm....wonder what I was watching that I missed THAT!!!? [vryevl]

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2003, 09:36:45 PM »
rainey on Oz they used an inmate to curse another with the evil eye and he caused a death . he was later killed and had his eye plucked out! icky!

Ew! Jennifer, I got the first season of OZ on DVD as a birthday gift.  I requested it for the prison sex <shameless giggle>. Haven't started watching yet.

dom

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2003, 09:25:16 PM »
Now would *I* rely on a little silver pentagram to keep me and my loved ones safe from a werewolf?  Hell no.

LOL! I hear ya! And I'll tell you this too - if I did get riled up enough to put that type of curse on someone I would probably do so in the same manner one might put the classic bag of dog doo on a porch - light it and head for the hills...woohoowoohooooooo! That's all folks!!!

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2003, 09:32:59 PM »

LOL! I hear ya! And I'll tell you this too - if I did get riled up enough to put that type of curse on someone I would probably do so in the same manner one might put the classic bag of dog doo on a porch - light it and head for the hills...woohoowoohooooooo! That's all folks!!!

What a riot!  I think Magda would have caused a lot less trouble if she pulled the dog doo stunt on Quentin.  Castlebee, I read your post right after I read Luciaphil's column and I'm still laughing.  Thanks for the day brightener.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer