Author Topic: Dark Shadows in our everyday life....  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows in our everyday life....
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2003, 08:03:21 AM »
Thanks for uploading the photo of my bookcase, Midnite -- BTW, the folders and binders you see stacked there are mostly my DS "archives" -- printouts from the VantageNet board.  They're not organized in any way so it's nearly impossible to look up any given topic ...

Josette's music box had to go on another bookcase where I managed to find about 4-square inches of available space!

You'd be amazed how SMALL that ship actually is.  I can't imagine getting onto a ship of that size, knowing it was going to have to take us half way round the world.

I prefer looking at the ships, or models of ships, than actually going on one.  I've toured a docked ship, but that's as far as I'll go ... (though come to think of it I've been on a fair number of smaller boats).

P.S.  I do have a Danish connection in my ancestry, but don't know enough about that branch of the family to see if I could make a link to DS ...
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2003, 11:30:17 PM »
I think my husband has somewhat accepted DS in his life. He has named the illusive mouse in the house that 3 cats can't catch--BARNABAS!  I asked why and he said "because it only comes out at night".  Eeeek!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2003, 10:44:22 PM »
Which proves what I've wholeheartedly believed about DARK SHADOWS (and the Hotel California) all these years:

You can check out anytime you like--but you can never leave!

Love, Robin