Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0114  (Read 1453 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0114
« on: December 09, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0114
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 07:14:09 PM »
Take 2!   I wonder who screwed up, and how close he/she got to being fired...   Nice filmed sequence with David approaching the Old House.  It goes on for quite awhile, and shows some interesting light patterns on the .. porch?  Portico?   What do we call this?   It must be in shade all the time, with bits of light sneaking in from the sides.   That explains why we don't ever get dazzling daylight when the front door's opened.   Anyway, the camera looks straight down, slowly circling around so we get the light and shade patterns as David approaches the door.   I wish we could have really good, sharp versions of these filmed bits.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 08:22:32 PM »
Finally, after 114 episodes, Burke and Vicki clinch.

I believe this is one of the last times we will see the kitchen.

Louis Edmonds seems to be having fun in this ep. Roger is at his snippy best, even referring to Mr. Garner Senior as merely "Garner" as if he were the butler or something.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 05:59:16 PM »
Why are there curtains on the kitchen cabinets???
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 07:45:59 PM »
I don't remember the curtains, I'm afraid! But I've seen old films and so on where the cabinet under the kitchen sink has curtains instead of door. Are the Collinwood curtains in addition to doors?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »
Why are there curtains on the kitchen cabinets???

I think I noticed that.  There were a number of very un-Matthewish details in that room, including decorative things on display.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:55:23 PM »
I think I noticed that.  There were a number of very un-Matthewish details in that room, including decorative things on display.
Were you thinking David had gone to Matthew's cottage, Magnus?  Because I think it was the Collinwood kitchen.  I remember noticing potholders hanging on the wall at Matthew's cottage the other day.  Wherever David was today, though, I didn't notice any curtains on the cabinets.  I was too busy wondering if Matthew had a can opener.

Finally, after 114 episodes, Burke and Vicki clinch.
It didn't do much for me.  I did find it interesting that Vicky's arms went up to Burke even before his lips met hers, which makes me wonder just how much experience the little foundling miss has with being kissed.

I enjoyed Elizabeth's exasperated "Roger!"  And just a few minutes later we got an exasperated "Aunt Elizabeth!" from David.  To continue the sequence, we should have heard an exasperated "David!" from Vicky when she discovered that David wasn't in his room meekly doing his homework.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 09:12:35 PM »
Were you thinking David had gone to Matthew's cottage, Magnus?  Because I think it was the Collinwood kitchen.

I don't think we saw the Collinwood kitchen recently.   I was thinking of Matthew's kitchen.  Maybe it was Burke's apartment kitchen.   I have no idea now.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:05:46 AM »
The curtains in question are on the cabinets in the Collinwood kitchen, clearly visibly when David is swiping canned goods from them.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 12:45:31 AM »
David's good.  Not only did he swipe the food without Mrs. J or the family noticing, but I didn't notice him doing it either!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 01:31:38 AM »
I believe this is one of the last times we will see the kitchen.

believe it or not darklady you've got about a hundred more kitchen episodes to go...

i believe in it's last appearance there is a scene there with dennis patrick and john karlen as jason and willie. and of course that's just before the barnabas introduction.

so continue to enjoy it, please.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »
I always enjoy looking at other people's kitchens, mainly because I don't have to clean them.  [santa_wink]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 04:42:07 PM »
I always enjoy looking at other people's kitchens, mainly because they're cleaner than mine.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 11:01:36 PM »
I was wondering about the take 2 also.  Technical problems?  Rewriting a bad episode?  Hard to believe it could be the actors messing up as some of the disasters they have gone with should have been redone.
Roger informs Vickie, she is the enemy if she sees Burke.  What about your niece, your son?   The next thing Vickie pulls up in Carolyn's car to Burke's hotel.  Way to be conspicuous.  Vickie tells Burke she owes the Collins her loyalty.  Which is true.  Burke kisses her.  Will Carolyn and David find out? 
Loved when Elizabeth asked Roger why he wasn't at work? 
Elizabeth catches David sneaking out.
Burke calls to gloat that he has bought Logansport.  Roger is ready to cave in and sell. 
David escapes with a bag of food for Matthew and wanders his way through the wood to the Old House.
Vickie tells Elizabeth and Roger she will never see Burke again.  That bad a kisser or breath?
David leaves the Old House so Matthew hasn't killed him yet.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times