Author Topic: Tony Peterson  (Read 619 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Tony Peterson
« on: February 14, 2002, 02:14:39 PM »
Originally posted by arashi on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 14, 2002 at 08:14:39:

I didn't know Jerry Lacy made his debut prior 1795. Cool! That was a wicked shock to see him so early, a pleasant one though.

Too bad about the series being passed on. Hopefully somebody will pick it up. (Witches of Eastwick?!) It's probably better off NOT on Fox.

I'm sorry, but the latter half of the second episode had me in hysterics.

~Arashi

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Tony Peterson
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2002, 05:45:51 PM »
Originally posted by CastleBee on February 14, 2002 at 11:45:51:
In Reply to: Tony Peterson posted by arashi:

I didn't know Jerry Lacy made his debut prior 1795. Cool! That was a wicked shock to see him so early, a pleasant one though.

When I saw MB's photo layout today I thought the same thing! His most likeable character too.

Too bad about the series being passed on. Hopefully somebody will pick it up. (Witches of Eastwick?!) It's probably better off NOT on Fox.

I agree - seems like it would have a very good chance of becoming something none of us would recognize from the original or 1991.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Tony Peterson
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2002, 05:54:19 PM »
Originally posted by Steve on February 14, 2002 at 11:54:19:

Hi Arashi,

Yes, I was going to post a "welcome to Jerry Lacy" post, but you beat me to it! Jerry stayed on the show (sometimes with long hiatuses) until Feb. 1971. I wish that more had been done with Tony Peterson; he seemed like an interesting character.

I just LOVE the scene where Julia goes to his office and cracks up when Peterson implies that it's Roger Collins who is behind her troubles. "RAH-ha-ha-ha-ha-juh!!!" Julia cackles caught between hysteria and derision. What a moment.

There's a blooper of this scene (I think it's this one) where Grayson starts the scene and then you hear the director yell "Cut!" "WHY?" Grayson asks sharply. Gives one quite an insight into the perils of directing her! This is on the MPI "blooper" reel.

Steve