Author Topic: New Collinwood Christmas Theme  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
New Collinwood Christmas Theme
« on: December 07, 2011, 06:03:03 AM »
The forum has a new Christmas Theme this year - the other one had run its course and was really too old to keep up with the modifications that have been made to the forum's system this past year. And though this new theme is still a bit of a work in progress (I downloaded an existing theme on SMF's Web site and have been adapting it for us) and there are still a few changes I want to make to it (like adding a few more buttons to the main menu), I wanted to get it up and running. So don't be surprised if you see a few changes in the next few days as I continue to tweak things here and there.  [santa_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: New Collinwood Christmas Theme
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:46:57 PM »
One problem I didn't notice until this morning was that in topics where there are a lot of replies, like the DS film topic, all the buttons (like "Reply," "Notify," "Send this topic," ...) weren't appearing at the top and bottom of the pages. But that's just been fixed.  [santa_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:08:42 PM »
It's very psychedelic!  I feel as if I'm trapped in Liz's Leviathan nightmare, only it's gone all Yuletide on me!  Ben Cross looks like he's about to start singing "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch."   Love it!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »
Yes, it is psychedelic.  [santa_cheesy]

As for the main menu: I've added more buttons, the text for the active button is now green (much more appropriate than the original yellow), and the menu now appears at the tops and bottoms of all pages for easier access.

Now to hopefully find a suitable replacement for that weird and flashing "new" icon...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:59:10 PM »
It's psychedelic for sure but quite charming as well
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 08:54:09 PM »
Another thing I didn't like about the way the icons were designed for this theme is that there was no icon to differentiate between new posts on main boards and new posts on child boards, so I created one for the child boards (by combining the new posts and no new posts icons). So, when there are no new posts at all on a board and/or its child board(s), this icon appears on the BoardIndex (the opening page of the forum):

When there are new posts on a main board (and possibly also its child board(s)), this icon appears on the BoardIndex:

And when there are only new posts on at least one child board, this icon appears on the BoardIndex:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 01:25:18 AM »
As you may have noticed, I've finally gotten around to making the new background for the switch to the 28 quotes from Ep #12 of the '91 Series:

At 1680X1050:

Click for larger image: 1680-19a.jpg

And as usual, if your browser isn't showing this new background, then you must clear your browser's cache.  [hall2_wink]