Author Topic: Three DS actors in Spielberg's Lincoln  (Read 1073 times)

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Three DS actors in Spielberg's Lincoln
« on: November 29, 2011, 04:35:14 PM »
I was just browsing through a slideshow on Entertainment Weekly's site, of the cast of the upcoming Spielberg film, Lincoln (not to be confused with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter  [hall2_wink] )  I saw 3 count 'em 3 present/former DS actors in the cast!  From the DS film, Jackie Earle Haley and Gulliver McGrath are in it, McGrath as one of Lincoln's sons (haha, Gulliver seems to be everywhere lately, as he's also in Hugo!), and alum Joseph Gordon-Levitt is also in it as another of Lincoln's sons.  Great!  The film is slated for October 2012, and will star Daniel Day Lewis as Lincoln.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Three DS actors in Spielberg's Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 04:42:50 PM »
Thanks so much for the info, madscntst.  [hall2_smiley]

And apparently Gulliver McGrath is on a roll. And I suppose only time will tell if he follows a similar path to Joseph Gordon-Levitt (a path I'm certain David Henesy could have followed had he wanted it because he was certainly talented enough).

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 10:13:01 PM »
I didn't see any more recent threads than this about the film Lincoln, but I wanted to mention that I've seen the trailer for this a couple of times in theaters recently (before both Looper and Argo).  Gordon-Levitt and McGrath can both be seen in the trailer, though I don't believe either of them speak.  They both look great!  I had totally forgotten that Jackie Earle Haley is also in this, so I don't recall spotting him in the trailer, but I will look next time. 

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 07:47:49 AM »
I finally saw Lincoln the other day and was surprised to find the DS people.  I was going to post about it, but then figured it probably had been mentioned at the time, so I found this.  I hadn't realized about Gulliver McGrath, just caught Haley and Gordon-Levitt.  It's really funny that both Davids are in it, and as brothers!!
Josette

Offline Barnababy

• Junior Poster
  • Batty for Collinwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 08:33:31 AM »
Yeah, I found it too weird that two boys who played David Collins played Lincoln's sons!