Author Topic: Idle Thoughts--By the Light of the Silvery Moon (Episodes 752-755)  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Fashion notes first . . .

Oh, dear, I don't care for Judith's lilac dress at all. Hate the high ruffled neck and that cape thingy. Ick, look ruffles all around the wrists. Make it stop :P I do like the earrings those, they are lovely.

And then we have Charity in an outfit that well . . . the best I can say for it, is that it makes it look like Nancy Barrett is buxom. It's a tough color to pull off and she's too fair as it is. Looks more accurate than half the crap they slopped on the shoulders of anyone who wasn't Joan Bennett, but other than that . . . not a fan.

This is the first outfit of Diana Millay's that I've actually kind of liked. It's very simple which is half the appeal. Now I'll grant you it seems a bit inappropriate an outfit to wear when you're supposed to be visiting your sick kid, but still, first thing that didn't make me cringe.

Onto the shows . . .

Judith's a goner. You can tell by the way she went all goopy over Trask and his "dedication to others." Ick, ick, ick.

Way to go, Beth! Hide the bloodied clothes under the chair in full view. No one will ever find them. Not.

Heh. "I'm only a poor ignorant gypsy, Mr. Lawyer." I usually enjoy the scenes between HAA and Grayson Hall. This was no exception.

Too bad for Quentin that Evan's not exactly the most competent Satanist around.

I'm really not big on the incredible shrinking werewolf there. If you don't have the budget for F/X, you're best off doing things by inference--go see the original Cat People if you don't know what I mean.

You have to hand it to Jamison. He's a lot brighter than Rachel in grasping the realities of a situation (although a tree stump is brighter than Rachel). Heh. I do like his problem solving skills too. It took him all of two seconds to figure out how to use the good book there to escape. If that had been a KLS character, she'd still be in there screaming "I've got to get out of here!" (And what that says about the writers and their attitudes is quite telling).

So does Charity have a stick up her butt or what? Kid escapes on her watch into the woods that are presently infested with a deranged killer and all she can think about is saving her miserable ass and being snooty to the help.

Poor Jamison. Dad's a cold smug fish. His beloved uncle uses him to summon devils and you could chip ice off his aunt. And then there's Mom. Who just wants to burn him to death. Run away, kid, run away and don't look back.

I'm with Bob the Bartender, if I were the great god Ra, I'd be cutting Laura off about now. Every frigging time you turn around, she's calling on him, for this, for that. Can't she do anything on her own?

I just love how conveniently Dirk happened on that journal. I don't know about you guys, but my few forays into working with paper documents that old have not been so felicitious. Does Dirk get covered with the filth of ages when he goes poking about? No. Does he have to plow through pages and pages of irrevelant material? No. Have the mice and bugs gotten to what he needed? No. Is the ink faded? No. Is the paper crumbling? No. Does he spend hours at this? No.

He just opens a trunk and wham, bam, thank you ma'am, it's right there.

And yes, yes, I'm bitter. :)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Idle Thoughts--By the Light of the Silvery Moon Episodes 752-755
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 10:54:47 AM »
Fashion notes first . . .

Heh. "I'm only a poor ignorant gypsy, Mr. Lawyer." I usually enjoy the scenes between HAA and Grayson Hall. This was no exception.

I love the scenes between them too!  Thought they played good off one another!  I wish they had more scenes together!

I'm really not big on the incredible shrinking werewolf there.

LOL!! You know, it's so noticeable too! I think the stunt guy does a great job, but couldn't they have found someone a little taller?

I'm with Bob the Bartender, if I were the great god Ra, I'd be cutting Laura off about now. Every frigging time you turn around, she's calling on him, for this, for that. Can't she do anything on her own?

I couldn't agree with you more! It's a wonder the great god Ra put up with her for so long!!  The funny thing is that I don't remember her doing this so much in the 1967 storyline.  She seemed to have a much better handle on things back then.

I just love how conveniently Dirk happened on that journal. I don't know about you guys, but my few forays into working with paper documents that old have not been so felicitious. Does Dirk get covered with the filth of ages when he goes poking about? No. Does he have to plow through pages and pages of irrevelant material? No. Have the mice and bugs gotten to what he needed? No. Is the ink faded? No. Is the paper crumbling? No. Does he spend hours at this? No.

He just opens a trunk and wham, bam, thank you ma'am, it's right there.

Another thing that struck me funny was the fact that Joshua (or whoever) actually put something like that in a family trunk!  I mean come on, this was valueable family information for God's sake and you leave something like this in a family trunk for anyone to find it?  Ben's diary was one thing because it was probably Ben's wish that it be buried with him, sort of like taking the secret to the grave with him. But how the heck did the journal fit into all of this?  Wouldn't you think that Joshua would have destroyed it?  And how the heck did Laura know it was there anyway?  She was long gone from the scene when Barnabas was cursed!

Nice to see you posting again!  These are great!

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"