Author Topic: This American Life 39: Halloween - ACT ONE: DARK SHADOWS  (Read 600 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This American Life 39: Halloween - ACT ONE: DARK SHADOWS
« on: November 07, 2011, 09:34:51 PM »
Krizanovich Karen Krizanovich
For Dark Shadows fans 10 minutes of This American Life http://j.mp/s0NlRq
31 Oct

Can't say I agree with much of what this program has to say (plus they're way off that the ep they're watching was shot in February of '69 (it was actually shot in May) - and I'm sorry, but who other than these people are so disassociated from the actual story that they notice there are suddenly four knocks at the door instead of three?!  [hall2_rolleyes]), but if you're into the same sort of stuff that they are, you might enjoy a listen...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: This American Life 39: Halloween - ACT ONE: DARK SHADOWS
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:12:24 PM »
That was interesting to hear.  I remember that guy interviewing me about Grayson at a DS convention a year or so after this broadcast.  He told me he had a friend who always said Grayson should have been a big star.

It seems ironic that one of the points is how "obscure" DS is and another is "so bad only really odd people want to watch it" when now it's huge again with the Depp movie and all the rest of it.  I guess it just goes to show that pop culture patterns and trends truly elude any attempt at rational analysis (or:  maybe what seems like a rational analysis from Ira Glass--isn't).

G.