Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0091  (Read 940 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0091
« on: November 07, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0091
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »
Well, Victoria is dressed nicely in this one.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:37:21 PM »
Oh, dear, Magnus, you're so behind the times.  Vicky's unsightly garment of last week has been forgotten like a bad dream, and now all I can think of is how pretty Elizabeth's dress was today.  And DarkLady, I hope you're going to tell us what piece Elizabeth was playing on the piano!

Today for the first time I saw how Burke and Vicky might fit together as a couple beyond the writerly thought of "Let's create something between Burke and Vicky so Roger and Carolyn can throw some tantrums."  In the coffeeshop, I could see the parallel between Burke's unrelenting quest for vengeance and Vicky's unrelenting quest for knowledge of her parentage.  I suppose it was there to see previously - but I didn't see it.  And then in the car, Burke told Vicky to abandon her own quest and leave Collinsport because his own quest was going to make trouble.  I guess Burke's even slower to figure things out than I am.

Vicky really should have taken the bus to Bangor.  She should know by now that she should steer clear of Burke if she wants to remain on friendly terms with the Collinses.  It's all very well and good to say Vicky should be independent - but there's independence, and then there's foolishness.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »
I really did notice and appreciate what A Moltke had on in this one, quite apart from whatever speckly smock she had on earlier.  I approve.

Vicki has some 'splainin' to do, later.  A sensible person doesn't casually, without a first thought, keep doing exactly what outrages her employers the most.   You don't understand, Vicki?   Well, you will when Liz bawls you out for the drive to Bangor, and you'll remember it for at least fifteen seconds afterward.   She might already have a Burke thing, or she might really need to hear more of Burke's case.   Don't tell me she doesn't wonder about Roger.

As for them as a couple, they do both have these "quests", but [spoiler]by the time they're together, they both seem to have given them up.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 01:43:58 AM »
This episode did nothing for me. Vicki's attire did nothing for me. Vicki's never-ending quest for knowledge of her parents did nothing for me. And Carolyn behaving like a two year old did nothing for me. But I have a feeling the next episode is going to do plenty for me.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 04:25:45 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't say anything about Vicki's dress, but I will take Lydia's word for it that it's nice.

Also unfortunately, my old notes say I couldn't ID the piece that Elizabeth is playing on the piano--while the clock is striking! It might have been Liszt, so more proof that she had pianistic chops. But I think this may be the last time we will every see or hear her play.

Vicki tells Elizabeth that David asked her to stay. Elizabeth thinks that's odd. Perhaps she thinks it’s extremely odd, and that’s why she gazes at the ceiling as Vicki and Carolyn are about to leave the drawing room.

Thunder begins to rumble as Carolyn orders coffee at the diner for herself and Vicki. It continues throughout the episode, especially when Carolyn tells her mother that Burke drove Vicki to Bangor, and she's probably spilling all the Collins family secrets to him.

And yes, Vicki probably should have taken the bus to Bangor, but I do like it that her answer to Burke is always that she stands on her own two feet.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 06:52:43 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't say anything about Vicki's dress, but I will take Lydia's word for it that it's nice.
No, no, not Vicky's dress, which was unmemorable as far as I was concerned.  Elizabeth's dress!  You can get a look at the top part of it in the Robservations.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 07:20:35 PM »
Well yes, Elizabeth's dress IS nice. I remember those print patterns.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 07:42:21 PM »
When I saw Vickie's outfit, I thought that there would be a sleeveless top under it as my mother had a similar, but more upscale version and then later when she visits Richard there is was sleeveless.
Another location shot of Vickie and Carolyn pulling into that hot spot the Collinsport Cafe.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times