Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0090  (Read 1081 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0090
« on: November 05, 2011, 06:56:53 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0090
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 11:21:55 AM »
From what David said today, it sounds as though he does indeed see ghosts, as he has said before.  Roger and Elizabeth aren't really sure if they've seen ghosts or not; all they know (if I remember their conversation from the other day correctly) is that they've seen things they can't quite explain, which could mean anything or nothing.  Carolyn gives no indication of having seen a ghost; she talks about them, but not as if they were anything she had experienced.  But David apparently believes he has seen some.  Did he see something like what Roger and Elizabeth have seen - something which can be pretty much rationalized away when he grows older?  Or did he really see something definite and undeniable?  And if he saw something definite and undeniable, why was he so favored?  Do ghosts have any control over who can see them?  Bill Malloy's ghost spoke to Vicky - but wouldn't Bill have preferred to speak to Elizabeth?

David says Josette didn't jump off of Widows Hill; she was pushed.  Is that what he wants to think, or did she communicate that to him?  And who pushed her?  Did Jeremiah get tired of having a broody wife?  It's sad to think that, if she was pushed, her murderer got away with it.

Carolyn says that David drowned a kitten that he loved.  We have been given to understand that he loved his mother as well, and that she's in an institution.  Cause and effect?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 11:51:04 AM »
David, when asked why he'd go to Vicki's funeral: "I like funerals."   Good one, David.  He should tour.   He should also hang out with Bud Cort.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 12:12:11 PM »
Magnus, I was wondering if David had ever actually been to a funeral.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 05:33:21 PM »
I'll bet he hasn't--although he might have staged one for the kitten he drowned. As a cat lover, I find that horrendous, but at least it was only a pretend kitten. Unfortunately, people were much more casual about cruelty to animals back then.

Elizabeth and Roger's father died before David was born. Nobody seems to mention his grandmother.

On a lighter note, Vicki finds the ledger page in her former prison, and Carolyn mentions the Garners, her family's lawyers.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 03:53:13 PM »
Thats one thing that has always annoyed me is that for someone who is just a generation removed from Liz & Roger, their mother was never given a name.  Even pre-1897, when we learn Jamison was their father.

Their mother (and an adult Jamison) lived during the "quiet years" at Collinwood.
She may well have been one of the few Collinwood residents not to have any encounters with the supernatural

Elizabeth and Roger's father died before David was born. Nobody seems to mention his grandmother.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 07:33:55 PM »
David has so much fun.  He played funeral and his father was the corpse.  Then he is again eavesdropping on Vickie and Carolyn. Later he comments on keeping out the ghosts as Matthew changes the lock. Then he goes in and reads Vickies diary.  Then to top it off he tells Vickie he loves her  Now she has the family she has always dreamed of with the reality of a jealous younger sister and a bratty little brother.
 Vickie's Nancy Drewish side kicks in and they go unafraid back into the closed off wing and the room where she was held captive.  There she finds a piece of ledger with B' Hanscomb on it.  Vickie shows Carolyn the key trick and now the key fits under the door.  The Great House seems to have wanted Vickie in that room and now wants her to know that it did. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times