Author Topic: DS Actors on TV in coming month, on ezboards  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
DS Actors on TV in coming month, on ezboards
« on: December 30, 2002, 02:12:43 AM »
NedStuart periodically posts a schedule on Tim's message board of DS actors in other roles, and the latest might be of special interest to some of you.  It has info on JK's appearances in both Murder She Wrote and The Bambi Bambenek Story (to ease those Willie withdrawals... oops, that didn't quite come out the way I meant... ack, I did it again ;)), Dennis Patrick on Bonanza, Jerry Lacy in Play It Again Sam (a must see, and watch for Diana Davila [1897's Julianka] in the museum scene), also Roger Davis (okay, see it for Abe Vigoda then, hee hee) in Rockford Files, Thayer David on RF, Donna McKechnie in Family Ties, and Kate Jackson and Dan Curtis movies.  Here's a direct link to the message:

Dark Shadows (DS) Actors/Prod apperances for Dec. 29-Jan 30

Or you can go to the main page of Tim's board

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS Actors on TV in coming month, on ezboards
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 02:48:40 AM »
Well this is annoying. I don't believe I get PAX. I will heartily recommend Dennis Patrick's stint on Bonanza as worth watching. The episode focuses on Adam (my favorite Cartwright) who hooks up with Patrick's character. They then get involved with a group of Quakers led by Larry Gates (later H.B. Lewis from Guiding Light) and some chick who was playing younger than she was supposed to be by a good ten years.

Damn. I really don't think I get PAX :P

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2002, 01:22:54 PM »
Luciaphil Wrote:

Damn. I really don't think I get PAX  

Im not sure where you're located but here on the East coast it's on channel 3 just in case you want to check for sure.

Thanks for the info Midnite.  I'll have to check them out, especially the one with Willie in it,  this one looks interesting! :-)

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2002, 01:36:14 AM »
Woohoo, just discovered I do get PAX after all. It's masquerading under another station name or something, but I do get it and I can see Bonanza every day if I so chose 8-)

Luciaphil
(who hasn't been this happy since she discovered the Hallmark channel shows Rawhide reruns on the weekend)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2002, 08:28:15 AM »
(who hasn't been this happy since she discovered the Hallmark channel shows Rawhide reruns on the weekend)

Ohhhh, that WAS a great show! I'll have to check that out...
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2003, 06:16:26 PM »
I saw Thayer David's appearance on Rockford Files when TV Land aired it recently.  It's a great little scene, and very different from his other work.

I recommend the episode of Rockford in which Dennis Patrick and Dana Elcar appeared, if you enjoyed their work on DS; they both play characters a lot like Jason and Sherrif Patterson, though the writing isn't as good as what they were given on DS.  Still fun to see.  Dennis looked very distinguished, and Dana looked a lot healthier than he did on DS--that healthy California lifestyle no doubt!

Gothick

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Roger Davis on Rockford Files this week
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2003, 08:37:25 AM »
In case anyone is interested in catching Roger Davis in the upcoming ep of Rockford Files (Monday, Jan. 6 on WGN - 9 a.m. Pacific/noon Eastern), I've been told that he's very good in it playing an obnoxious cowboy (a persona he seems to have perfected ;)).  And James Garner's character punches him out, heheh.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Davis on Rockford Files this week
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2003, 12:52:17 PM »
playing an obnoxious cowboy (a persona he seems to have perfected ;)).  And James Garner's character punches him out, heheh.

Well, just seeing that scene alone would be worth it! [lghy]

I've been told that he's very good in it

But seriously, RD is quite good in almost everything he's ever done other than DS. It makes you wonder what the hell ever inspired him to act the way he did on our show? [hdscrt]