Author Topic: Aunt Catherine  (Read 658 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Aunt Catherine
« on: February 13, 2002, 06:48:11 PM »
Originally posted by Joeytrom on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 13, 2002 at 12:48:11:

So, who is this aunt who lives in Boston?

She could be:

a. Liz and Rogers sister
b. Nora Collins daughter
c. Paul Stoddard's sister

What do you think?

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: Aunt Catherine
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 07:05:01 PM »
Originally posted by ROBINV on February 13, 2002 at 13:05:01:

I very much doubt that if Roger and Liz had a sister, that they wouldn't have mentioned her more than this once. I originally figured it was Paul Stoddard's sister, but now I'm inclined to go with (b), Nora Collins daughter.

Love, Robin

Trace

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 09:05:53 PM »
Originally posted by Trace on February 13, 2002 at 15:05:53:
In Reply to: Re: Aunt Catherine posted by ROBINV:

Well, since we're speculating here--I'll just add some relationship mumbo jumbo to the equation. She wouldn't be Nora's daughter, because Liz and Roger referred to her as "Aunt". If Jamison is their Dad, then Nora is their aunt (which would make Nora the GREAT AUNT of David and Carolyn.

A daughter of Nora's would be Liz and Roger's first cousin, and David and Carolyn's first cousin, once removed. She would not be their aunt.

I think Aunt Catherine was probably Liz and Roger's mother's sister. We never hear about their mother, so that is a good explanation.
Trace

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2002, 11:12:37 PM »
Originally posted by Luciaphil on February 13, 2002 at 17:12:37:

Trace's
I think Aunt Catherine was probably Liz and Roger's mother's sister. We never hear about their mother, so that is a good explanation.

This makes sense to me and would be my first choice, but I'll add two other possibilities to the mix.

4. Aunt Katherine is a family friend who is merely called "Aunt" as a term of affection.

5. Edward finally found someone who would marry him and she's Jamison and Nora's half sister--it would make her David and Carolyn's half great aunt, but it wouldn't be unusual to call such a relative "aunt".

Luciaphile
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2002, 10:57:07 PM »
Originally posted by Vlad on February 14, 2002 at 16:57:07:
In Reply to: Re: Aunt Catherine posted by Luciaphil:

I was puzzled by the reference to "Aunt Catherine" too, and wondered if I had heard correctly. Trace's explanation is sensible, as are both of Luciaphil's. :)

Funny, I never stopped to think who Roger and Elizabeth's mother was. Could there have been a heritage as steeped in the supernatural on THAT side of the family, too, I wonder? :o

-Vlad
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995