Author Topic: SNOWBOUND IN THE NORTHEAST!!!  (Read 5526 times)

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, Sweeeetie Pie!
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2002, 05:24:34 PM »

I'd say the chances of someone who's put on 15 lbs. in the last year getting something from Victoria's Secret are pretty remote -- wouldn't you???

More curvey, voluptuous, zoftigue, reubenesque.  Just because they show stick-like models wear Victoria's Secret, doesn't mean the rest of us women don't look better in it.  More to hold onto and love.
   Glad you all made it home safely.

There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: SNOWBOUND IN THE NORTHEAST!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2002, 04:42:47 AM »
Just finished digging out of 18" of sn--(can't say it). The plows finally made it to my street. I am very fortunate that I had no power outage---several relatives were without power all day Christmas and all night. I, of course, wasted no time. Watched DS set 3---two disks.
I hope all the White Christmas advocates are happy!!!  

With aching muscles,    Misty                          
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2002, 01:03:58 PM »
I'm with you, Misty--a snowless winter is the BEST winter!  

Love, Robin

Connie

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2002, 02:25:13 PM »
We were lucky.  Got a decent amount of snow but it was very wet and slushy.  No problem.  It's just about all gone now.

I'm with you, Misty--a snowless winter is the BEST winter!

I'd say NO winter is the best winter.  I absolutely hate the cold.  I wanna move to a warmer climate.  What would be a nice place to move to??  The only requirement is that it can't be more than an hour away from the beach.  HAVE to have access to the ocean.
So what's a good place?

-CLC  ;D  

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2002, 04:17:04 PM »
[wavey] Hi Connie how about a nice beach in
Located in California or maybe we could live at
The Q-man's house he might be near a goregous
beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   YUMMY!!!  I'm with you i hate
Winter i'm a Spring and Summer person too!!!
I LOVE THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Love Anne
Ps. we got 12 inches of the white Stuff!!
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2002, 07:41:49 PM »
I'd say NO winter is the best winter.  I absolutely hate the cold.  I wanna move to a warmer climate.

Well, it takes all kinds to make up a world. ;)

Me, I wouldn't move to a warmer climate if you held a gun to my head.  I've already informed the husband if he tries to drag me south of here I'll divorce him.  I'd go north, but not south.  I love to play in my garden, but I'd be just as happy in a heated green house!  I prefer being cold.....hot weather actually makes me sick....can't breathe.

What would be a nice place to move to??  The only requirement is that it can't be more than an hour away from the beach.  HAVE to have access to the ocean.So what's a good place?-CLC  ;D

Now THERE we agree ;D   We're only minutes from the beach and I'd hate like hell to give THAT up!
I think North Carolina sounds like the place for you....just so long as you're prepared to deal with hurricanes!! :D

rainey[/color]

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2002, 09:18:22 PM »
    I grew up in California and now live in Maine.  My husband grew up on the East coast.  We both love it here, snow and all.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2002, 06:09:16 AM »
i would live on Cape Cod and go to Florida for Jan and feb if i had my way(some day i will) i just refuse to ever VOTE there!
The snow isn't half as bad as the HORRID ICE!
we got only about 5 inches of snow but tons of ice!
also hate the lizard skin of winter!(Bath and Body Work's
is making a fortune off me!)
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
, Gang just wanted to say that we here in Re: SNOWBOUND IN THE NORTHEAST!!!
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2002, 12:48:12 PM »
Annie Wrote:
Hi Gang just wanted to say that we here in
Binghamton ended up with 12 inches of snow!!!

Same here Annie!  After hearing the Weathermen going back & forth about the weather here we finally ended up with 12 inches after all!  A big difference from the "dusting" that they originally predicted!

It was nice to finally have a white Christmas though because we hadn't had one here in years, but now Christmas is over and already Im sick of snow!

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2002, 01:05:58 PM »
Connie Wrote:

I'd say NO winter is the best winter.  I absolutely hate the cold.  I wanna move to a warmer climate.  What would be a nice place to move to??  The only requirement is that it can't be more than an hour away from the beach.  HAVE to have access to the ocean.
So what's a good place?

Im with you on this one. The only difference is that I have to be near a pool.  And it's not only the cold I can't stand it's lugging around all this extra weight of clothing that comes along with Winter.  Between the coat, sweater, boots, scarf & gloves I feel like Im an Eskimo walking around here. Getting in & out of the car is the biggest chore. I miss my shorts, tank tops & sandles. I don't know how the heck they live in Alaska!

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2002, 02:35:28 PM »
I think North Carolina sounds like the place for you....just so long as you're prepared to deal with hurricanes!! :D

Hmm...I think it's too cold down there.  Look at the snow and ice storm they had a week or so ago!
Hurricanes?  Forget it.  Plus, the humidity in the summer is like nothing I've ever experienced.  It's different -- very heavy and oppressive.  I spent a summer in Greensboro one year and it was so hot and muggy that it could make straight hair curl!!  LOL  No lie!

Nope.  Think of somewhere else - someplace that doesn't drop below 50, and doesn't go higher than 85.
Yeah -- that sounds good.
[thumb]

Ya know what looks like a beautiful place?
Bora Bora.  (Can you get internet access there?) LOL

-CLC

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2002, 07:30:53 PM »
We ended up with slightly more than 12 inches here.  Family came and went very fast Christmas Day.  We were suppose to get together in Newport today but I have one child down with the stomach bug and another just got wisdom teeth out.  Actually, he is doing fine just afraid to eat.  Not only have we been snow bound, but now the stomach bug.  Have any of you ever heard of cabin fever!  My husband keeps talking about moving south one of these years.  Not sure how I feel about it.  I hate humidity.  My hair is cury enough thank you.  Last summer was humid enough.  Anyway we now have a pool sitting out in the back yard waiting for the first warm enough day to use it.  It will be something to look forward to.  Also noticed Dark Shadows is listed at 8 in the morning in next weeks TV guide.

Birdie---Can I take the tree down now?
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2002, 08:04:13 PM »
Can I take the tree down now?

Go right ahead, Birdie. I've already started to take the gifts out of boxes and put them away. I want the house back to normal.
Btw, if anyone wants to see our 2 feet of snow, go to
www.timesunion.com to see a slide show presentation.
One of our drive-in hamburger stands has a sign every year that says: "Closed for the season. Reason? Freezin! See ya in the spring."  And that can't come soon enough.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2002, 09:51:43 PM »
Nope.  Think of somewhere else

Somewhere in the Caribbean?  The Hawaiian Islands?

A cousin of mine lived in Saudi Arabia for 9 years.  Think you would like temps in the 120 degree range, keeping in mind that you'd have to be covered from head to toe if you left the house?

WAIT!!!  I've got it!!!  Sicily!!!  Of course!!!  The only place it ever snows is on top of Mt. Etna, the weather is warm year round and the FOOD is FABULOUS!!! ;)

[lghy]raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2002, 05:10:19 AM »
Hmmm. I think Costa del Sol in Spain is nice. Of course, you'd have to get used to topless beaches. Not a requirement, but prevalent nonetheless. Weatherwise, it's wonderful.
                        Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!