Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0075  (Read 1113 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0075
« on: October 15, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0075
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »
This ep features one of the greatest unsolved, indeed unexplored mysteries/phenomenons at Collinwood - particularly when Ep #76 is factored in with it. Can you guess what it is?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »
Don't know, I am clueless, MB....  I look forward to finding out just how clueless!  **   My only written remark on this episode was that I like Carolyn's new dress.   It's like a sort of unknown-era Star Trek uniform...

[candle_in_skull] [bat7628] [candle_in_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »
The only thing I noticed was Vicki's clothes and hairstyle changed when she found the pen on the beach.

It looks like they rearranged the furniture in the drawing room.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »
According to my ancient notes for ep. 76, [spoiler]when Vicki returns from her walk along the beach, she's back in her light-colored trenchcoat and backdrop hairdo. Perhaps walking along the beach at Collinwood--and/or finding THE PEN--is a transforming experience. [/spoiler]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »
they only filmed the exteriors a couple of times so usually vicki's clothing and hairdo in the episode itself doesn't coordinate with the exterior shot...

still you'd think that in the name of continuity if the producers knew that they were going to use one of the shots in a particular episode they'd ask hair and wardrobe to outfit her the same.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 04:26:45 PM »
This was the only instance I know of, where something actually happens in a filmed outdoor thing.   She finds the Pen, and that relates to this specific episode only.   So no excuse for switching the coats, except maybe that Vicki went a little invisible in light grey on a grey day outside, and the same for wearing a dark coat inside dark, gloomy Collinwood.

[bonny_hand] [candle_in_skull_2] [bonny_hand]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
and if i recall she's wearing her hair in PIGTAILS of all things which she never actually wore in the series itself.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 08:10:08 PM »
Matthew joins Roger out on Widows Hill.  Roger is delusionally happy over Billl's death due to accidental drowning.  Burke is still in the picture and his reasons for hounding Roger still the same. Roger jokingly suggests Matthew push Devlin off the cliff. 
Vickie decides to go for a walk on the beach and wears a scarf.
Carolyn reminds Roger that he has Burke's pen and Roger seems confused.  Just as this occurs, Vickie just happens to find said pen on the beach. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »
Roger jokingly suggests Matthew push Devlin off the cliff.
I was surprised that Matthew expressed shock at the idea.  Not so long ago, Matthew was attempting to kill Burke Devlin in a public place.  Roger didn't remind Matthew of that.  I guess I wouldn't have, either.

The viewers were told today, for the third episode in a row, that the coroner had ruled Bill Malloy's death to be an accident, just as they were told for three episodes in a row that Bill Malloy was dead.  So soap opera people expect housewives to watch the show about twice a week.

Carolyn was the unknowing prolonger of the Bill Malloy story today, first telling Vicky to go to Lookout Point for her walk, and then spreading the news that The Pen was missing.  Why did Carolyn tell Vicky to go to Lookout Point?  I think it would be more in character for her to tell Vicky to steer clear of it.  And I'd think Vicky would hesitate to go there once she learned that it was the probable location of Bill's death.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 09:18:41 PM »
I think that Matthew is very serious about death and killing, having thought about doing it himself, and having tried to carry it out.   He doesn't take it lightly.   Roger does.   That's just courting disaster, to Matthew, and it is.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 04:03:40 AM »
I couldn't understand Matthew's being so surprised at Roger's not-so-subtle-half-jokingly idea about pushing Burke of the cliff either. As Lydia pointed out, he was ready to kill Burke at the Blue Whale not so long ago. Maybe it's not so much that Matthew is against the idea of killing him, but maybe he thinks falling off a cliff would be too good for Mr. Devlin?

Carolyn was almost as indecent as Roger when it came to showing ANY kind of emotion over the fact that Malloy is still dead and buried. I don't blame her for being relieved that his death was ruled an accident and her uncle won't be implicated in any way, but you'd think she'd be a bit more solemn over the fact that a family friend is still gone forever, regardless of the coroner's report.

So now Vicki has found the pen...and so it begins. Glad that Carolyn had the decency to apologize to her...I can't help but wonder though is she truly sorry or is it that maybe now that she's seen Burke's really nasty side come out that maybe he isn't worth getting angry over...maybe a little bit of both?

Roger proclaims their happy day is at an end now that Burke has arrived at the house...from the way Roger was talking, you'd think the Grim Reaper was coming to call.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 04:13:39 AM »
Matthew was alarmed that Roger would get in trouble because of his jokes, if that's what they were.