Author Topic: How was Barnabas released?  (Read 730 times)

AMeiers

How was Barnabas released?
« on: February 13, 2002, 01:16:53 AM »
Originally posted by AMeiers on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 12, 2002 at 19:16:53:

Where did Willie come into contact with Barnabas-I missed the earlier shows and started watching when he introduced himself as a relative from England. Is there a place that I can read the storylines up to this point? I love this show!
Thanks!

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: How was Barnabas released?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 02:03:39 AM »
Posted by Luciaphil on February 12, 2002 at 20:03:39:
In Reply to: How was Barnabas released? posted by AMeiers on February 12, 2002 at 19:16:53:

I don't have the URL, but if you go to the Dominion bbs (and I'm sure someone here can oblige), you can probably find Robin's excellent Robservations (summaries of the episodes). However, for a quick answer to your question:

[spoiler]Willie Loomis, an unsavory character, had come to stay at Collinwood as the self-invited guest of his buddy Jason McGuire. Jason was busy blackmailing Liz and convinced her to let Willie stay. After Willie hit on Vicki and Carolyn and pretty much gave the audience a good idea as to what he'd done time for, Liz put her foot down and told Jason that Willie was to leave or she would call the cops regardless of what he had on her or not.

Meanwhile, Willie began looking at Barnabas' portrait a bit too closely and had some conversations with David and Mrs. J about missing jewels that were reputed to be buried with the Collinses. Next thing you know he was down at the mausoleum, found out how to get into the secret room and opened the coffin of Barnabas. We get the memorable shot of an arm with lace cuffs reaching out of the coffin and pulling Willie down.

A night or so later, Barnabas appears (in a really ill-fitting hat) at the door of Collinwood and introduces himself as their long lost relative.[/spoiler]

Hope that helps,
Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Re: How was Barnabas released?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 03:49:33 AM »
Posted by RingoCollins on February 12, 2002 at 21:49:33:
In Reply to: How was Barnabas released? posted by AMeiers on February 12, 2002 at 19:16:53:

http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/1/1676/56

You will want to read the day or two before, as well to get the full set up!

cheers,
Ringo
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!