Author Topic: Willie vs. Caroline  (Read 780 times)

AMeiers

Willie vs. Caroline
« on: February 12, 2002, 03:43:39 PM »
Originally posted by AMeiers on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 12, 2002 at 09:43:39:

I have just recently started watching DS and love it!!! I find it odd that poor Willie L. found it hard to do Barnabas's will, even though he was not considered a valuable member of society, and that Caroline has fallen for Barnabas so eagerly! Does this tell you that maybe the entire Collins family is rather devious inside and you can't judge a book by its cover? Love this show!!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Willie vs. Caroline
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2002, 04:51:51 PM »
Originally posted by Steve on February 12, 2002 at 10:51:51:
In Reply to: Willie vs. Caroline posted by AMeiers:

Well, Carolyn herself comments much further along in the madness that the Collins family motto ought to be "Hypocrisy at all costs!"

Glad to hear you're enjoying the show. I've been a fan since 1968. Unreal.

Steve

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2002, 09:56:07 PM »
Originally posted by kuanyin on February 12, 2002 at 15:56:07:

Well, I don't think the show is long on logic, but this part I don't have a problem with. For one thing, Willie is a man, and it probably felt pretty weird to be subject to another man. Plus, he was asked to do a LOT worse than Carolyn!

But.... if it was so simple, then why did Barnabas ever have an enemy? Why talk of killing David? Just one bite and his self-will would be gone!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Rosaetta

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2002, 01:50:11 AM »
Originally posted by Rosaetta on February 12, 2002 at 19:50:11:
In Reply to: Re: Willie vs. Caroline posted by kuanyin on February 12, 2002 at 15:56:07:

Maybe Barnabas powers worked better on women, and maybe Willie felt more guilt than Carolyn. I did get a kick out of these scenes when I first saw them. Maybe barnabas didn't believe Carolyn should do anything awful (like Willie had to do) because she's a woman. He did tell her their relationship would be different because Willie was only a servant, and she was his cousin.

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2002, 03:05:22 AM »
Originally Posted by kuanyin on February 12, 2002 at 21:05:22:
In Reply to: Re: Willie vs. Caroline posted by Rosaetta:

I have to admit, she seemed very amoral today. Interesting that she would be OK with Barnabas's love for Vickie/Josette, but jealous as can be of Julia. Ah well, Carolyn always has had a thing for bad boys, I think this is right in character for her!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton